5.0 out of 5 stars A classic!
Published on 2 May 2003 by Lisa

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!
So many years of reading rave reviews and finally I get my hands on a copy and discover...

...it is RUBBISH!

Cher's constant remarks/interruptions are neither welcome nor amusing --only distracting. Keli Roberts doesn't give enough directions and/or guidance and so you end up trying to second guess what you should be doing next by simply watching the...
Published on 4 July 2009 by Catblack_uk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic!, 2 May 2003
Lisa (Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cherfitness: A New Attitude [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I bought this tape when it first came out in 1991 as a way to get fit and lose a few pounds. This was the first exercise tape I'd bought and I really didn't know what to expect and I certainly didn't expect it to be fun! There are 3 workouts on this tape: a 38 minute step workout led by the excellent Keli Roberts; a 10 minute ab workout and a 32 minute toning workout for your legs and butt.
These workouts are tough. The abs and legs workouts are very intense and produce great results.
The step workout: the class is divided up into 4 different groups: the beginner without a step, beginners with a 4" step, intermediates with a 6" step and the advanced exercisers who are using an 8" step and do the high impact (jumps) moves. This is a fun class. The level of the step choreography is mixed, starting at a basic level and getting more complex as the workout progresses. Cher is always encouraging and I find her, Keli, the class and especially the music, very motivational. I've used this tape for years and have a lot of other step workouts, this is the one I enjoy the most and pull out time after time.
The ab workout: you'll be doing a lot of intense crunches so be sure to stretch out your stomach muscles afterward. The back strengthening work is great but Keli's cueing is a little bit off so you should watch this section at least twice through before you attempt it so that you don't need to turn your head to look at the screen to find out what you should be doing.
The legs workout: this is tough and can be hard on your knees. You may need to do a longer warmup before doing this section of the tape but if you're doing it after the step and abs workouts you'll be fine. This workout will really tone your legs and buttocks and you'll be doing a lot of squats, lunges, inner thigh work and leg raises. It will hurt you the next day but you'll love the results.
My only complaint? This should be on DVD :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Video that REALLY works!, 22 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Cherfitness: A New Attitude [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I brought this video 10 yrs ago when i was 16, at first I used it once or twice a week, then it gradually became another 'novelty!' and was collecting dust in my wardrobe!! In Feb this year I booked a holiday and decided to get in shape for it! I had 12 weeks from the time I started the exercise regime to when i went on holiday. I used to do the Abs section EVERY night. At first this seems impossible, but if you persevere with it, it DOES get easier. I would then do the Step class one night and the next night i'd do the legs and 'buns' exercise, (I tended to give myself a 'rest' on Saturdays and not do anything!) The results after about 5 weeks was amazing, I could do the whole Step-Class without stopping for breath every 5 mins, and my stomach was beginning to feel and look flatter (without me having to hold my tummy in!!) thanks to my daily 'Abs workout!! (only 10 mins!!)
The lower body work I found very difficult to start with and often had to stop halfway through each set of lunges and plies, but once I got used to it I could do the whole video within about 8 weeks. I could really see the muscle-tone in my legs and it felt great. because I saw such great results it made me even more determined to carry on for the duration til my holiday finally came around!!
In the 12 weeks I went from a size 16 to 14 and some of my skirts were even a size 12!! It was such a nice feeling and i felt great in a bikini!! My advice is to give yourself a target of 6 weeks or so, because you will definately see results in this space of time. Ok, I only lost a stone, which isn't that great for 3 months, but i gained muscle-tone, and looked like I had lost more weight than i actually had.
Will-power is very important, some nights I really couldnt be bothered to do repetitions of loads of crunches, but I really had to force myself to do it - this is the hardest part, the exercise is easy!!!!!!! I keep before and after photos of me on my fridge to keep me motivated now, and thanks to the CherFitness video (which I still use to this day)I have got a flat toned tummy, which i never thought was possible! And my general fitness level has improved tremendously!! I would HIGHLY recommend this video - just make sure you use it!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended, 11 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Cherfitness: A New Attitude [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I started working out after i had my 1st son and was doing aerobics off a TV show in Aust; After a while they were getting way too easy for me so i shopped around for a workout video...i bought (well rented from the local vid shop) a few and just found them boring! I finally came across Chers "A New Attitude" with Kelli Roberts coreography and haven't wanted (or needed) another workout tape/DVD. I am now actually waiting for my DVD version of this workout to be delivered as my tape has had it!It's great as it has 3 segments for different areas of your body. Aerobics step- great for weightloss-abs- and legs and buns(a bit hard at first but persevere as i did and now am thankful)It might become a bit easy, the step w'out, but you can add leg or wrist weights if you want to. I do! Buy this DVD it's great!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Workout, 17 Jan. 2005
Mrs Debora Hind (Milton Keynes, Bucks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cherfitness: A New Attitude [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I am buying this video for the 2nd time as the copy I purchased when it was first released has worn out. I have many workout videos and DVD's but this one has always been one of my favourites and I have been doing it for many years. I like the format and love the music. I usually just complete the step session (as pushed for time in the mornings) but I add handweights to increase the impact and find it really has helped to tone up my arms and shoulders as well as legs and bum!!! Fully recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars With great effect, 10 Feb. 2004
Janet Nelson (Co Down, N Ireland Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cherfitness: A New Attitude [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I bought this video when it was first released and was very overweight. I looked at Cher and thought, if she can do it, then so can I and I did. She and her very jolly, helpful coach were excellent together. If you were finding it tough, they were always cajoling and urging you on to do your best or even to take a rest if you needed to. It was the best exercise video I have bought and I have bought soooo many in my lifetime. Unfortunately, it has, believe it or not been played out and I want another one. I need another one badly. I can do it again, with the help of Cher. It isn't a really difficult step pattern to have to follow but it is immensely enjoyable. If I am buying it for a second time it has to be good. Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 25 April 2005
This review is from: Cherfitness: A New Attitude [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I have just brought my second copy of this video as over the years i have worn the old one out. This video has three excellent sections which enables you to do something everyday. I used this video 10 years ago to get back into shape after the birth of my daughter and still go back to it when i put on the odd few pounds. I have brought many videos including taebo, bottom line, yogalates, pilates, boxexecise to name but a few but i alwyas return to this tape.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I've come back for more, 2 Jun. 2001
This review is from: Cherfitness: A New Attitude [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I bought this video in 1991, it was great then and when I dusted it off this year to shed a few pounds for my summer holidays I discovered that it's still a great video. It's got great funky music and the routines are designed for all levels of fitness. It's a fun workout. My old video got chewed up in the video machine and Amazon are the only outlet I can find who still stock it. Amazing!

4.0 out of 5 stars No Pain No Gain, 21 Jun. 2004
This review is from: Cherfitness: A New Attitude [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This video has a very No Pain No gain attitude. The music in this video is really good and laughing at Cher's outfits will keep you going. There are three sections- a step section (which you can do without a step but it becomes boring - a 10 minute abs section which is brilliant it is the best sit ups I've seen in a wok out video - a leg work out which is very intense and not for the faint hearted.
This video is worth getting just for the abs section!

5.0 out of 5 stars I have yet to find a better workout video, 13 April 2001
This review is from: Cherfitness: A New Attitude [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Although nearly 10 years old this routine cannot be topped, the best feature is the attention to muscle care as well as fitness, ensuring that you warm up and don't pull or strain muscles. The routine takes you through stages of difficulty/ease, and the music is great. Perfect for getting your figure back after having a baby or four!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I have ever found, 12 Jan. 2007
R. Battersby (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cherfitness: A New Attitude [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I bought this video when it first came out and have used it regularly since. My favourite section is the step work-out and everytime I put on weight this is the fastest and most effective way to get rid of it. In fact if it did't build up my calves I'd use it all the time. Don't let that put you off though - a temporary increase in calf thickness for a permanent reduction in stomach and thighs is well worth it and they reduce soon enough after you stop.

Never boring and when I lack inspiration I re-watch the section at the beginning where Cher talks about the program. She doesn't pretend to be a fitness expert or the best at it and this is what really inspires combined with a proper instructor. It is like being in a class - without the expense or chore of going there.

Without a doubt the best fitness video or dvd I have ever bought (and I have drawers full of them)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Cherfitness: A New Attitude [VHS]
Cherfitness: A New Attitude [VHS] by Cher (VHS Tape - 1999)