5.0 out of 5 stars Liza, you're the BEST!
Great entertainment! Liza shows us what a great talent she really is in this movie about hope, patience & love. The dancing numbers are stunning & so are the songs. Liza shines the brightest in this film. Not many films like this one come around too often these days!!!! A big Bravo to all the supporting cast & crew. This film was a wonderful experience...
Published on 7 May 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars ....BEWARE....NOT AN OFFICIAL DVD...!!!
....BEWARE....NOT AN OFFICIAL DVD...!!!

....HAS BEEN RECORDED FROM VHS ONTO DVD-R AS THIS FILM IS YET TO HAVE AN OFFICIAL DVD RE-RELEASE BY PARAMOUNT STUDIO'S WHO OWN THE RIGHTS.....

.....PICTURE/SOUND QUALITY WILL BE OF AMATEUR QUALITY & NOT WORTH NEARLY £20...!?!? BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK BUT YOU'VE BEEN FOREWARNED....!!!
Published 3 months ago by VJ Isaac Hunt

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Liza, you're the BEST!, 7 May 2001
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment to watch again and again., 23 Sept. 2000
This review is from: Stepping Out [VHS] [1991] (VHS Tape)
Liza Minnelli at her best,with strong supporting cast. Any lady who watches it will identify themselves with at least one of the dancers.Size shape-doesn't matter. It's fun enjoyable,unique and a real joy to watch. I can't wait to tap my feet,alone in the kitchen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why has this never been released on DVD?, 12 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Stepping Out [VHS] [1991] (VHS Tape)
For the life of me, I don't why this film has never been released on DVD. I've luckily transferred a VHS copy to DVD but this is definitely worthy a DVD release. The ending is uplifting and it won't disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific film - regardless of poor critical reviews.............., 15 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Stepping Out [VHS] [1991] (VHS Tape)
I know that Richard Harris was not happy with the film, because it savaged his stage play in terms of re-write. I understand his take on this, but this film really, really works! Liza Minelli is terrific, apart from a couple of fluffs that were not, for some reason beyond me, re-cut.

The actors performances are superb. Julie Walters is unsurpassable as Vera; no-one could play it better. Maxine, Andy, Sylvia, Rose, Dorothy and ultimately Mrs Frasier and Gregory are characters truly brought to life by the actors solid representations of the personalities. Andy's husband is truly creepy; similarly Mavis's partner, Patrick.

I first saw this film in the cinema in 1991, and laughed so hard my stomach hurt. At other points I felt truly uncomfortable - especially Andy's domestic scene. All the audience reactions were the same. I defy anyone to watch this film for the first time and not lose their composure, completely, at Bill Irwin's rendition of 'windmills' in the gala dance. Hilarious!

This film is a masterpiece. It is funny, touching, dramatic and basically classy. I love it. I cherish my video copy, would love to see it tranferred to DVD and think it is one of the finest ordinary yet extraordinary pieces to emerge from 1990's cinema.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... years to purchase this DVD and I am not disappointed, either with the seller or the film, 24 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Stepping Out [1991] (DVD)
I have waited fifteen years to purchase this DVD and I am not disappointed, either with the seller or the film!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful treat, 11 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Stepping Out [1991] (DVD)
Fantastic. We'd forgotten how much we liked this.Lisa Minnelli and Julie Walters -so young and so talented. So pleased with this. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars my favourite film of all time, 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Stepping Out [1991] (DVD)
my favourite film of all time, so pleased it has been brought out on dvd, have watched it four times already

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Blast from the Past, 18 Feb. 2015
oscar wilde "dozza" (england) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I love this Movie, I remember it from years ago and it still doesn't disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Stepping Out [1991] (DVD)
This is a wonderful dvd full of laughs and the odd year, well worth watching

5.0 out of 5 stars Relax and see people working together, 13 July 2014
I think this is a great film showing different personalities and how they can, eventually, work as a team. I have been seeking a decent version of this film for many years as I only have a poor quality recording taken from the television.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Stepping Out [VHS] [1991]
Stepping Out [VHS] [1991] by Lewis Gilbert (VHS Tape - 1992)