5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece
Published on 10 Mar 2004 by C. J. Carter

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful memories of a great tv series, but too short.
I cannot understand why the full series has never been released on dvd. It was such a popular series devoid of humans with beautiful camera work. However I was really disappointed that a tape which could have held three hours only had one hour.
Published on 15 Mar 2008 by Malkyp

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece, 10 Mar 2004
C. J. Carter (Sierra Madre, California, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Flight of the Condor [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I remember seeing this on the BBC many years ago. The splendor of the Andes, coupled with particularly well-chosen traditional music made this a program I have never forgotten. As another reviewer commented, I particularly appreciated the fact that there was no evidence of human habitation or influence shown throughout, which made the whole thing all the more impressive.
I hope that this will soon be remastered and released on a full-feature DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars an original and delightful natural history piece, 19 Aug 2006
S. Hickmott (bucks, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Flight of the Condor [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I loved this. The filming is brilliant and so evokes the atmosphere of the uninhabited andes. The music complimented the visual effects and created a truly memorable programme. I've been searching for it on DVD for ages and would buy it as soon as released. It really is an outstanding piece of natural history filming and now all the more so because of climatic changes causing possible deterioration in that area of our world.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful memories of a great tv series, but too short., 15 Mar 2008
Malkyp (Northants, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes a Masterpiece but Why Not a DVD Edition, 22 Feb 2009
Jose Cabral (Lisbon, Potugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Flight of the Condor [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Why not a DVD Edition, indeed? Everybody can see what costumers are saying - the excellence of the images, the way the program tells the story of the wild life of South America, from the Andes to the Amazon river, always following the Condor, the absolute beautiful traditional music. Many of use saw it a long time ago and, as another costume said we never forgot and we are looking for a DVD edition for ages... Well, we are still looking, I will look forever until I find it!

5.0 out of 5 stars please dvd this., 20 April 2008
This review is from: The Flight of the Condor [VHS] (VHS Tape)
nothing to add which hasn't been written by the 5 other wonderful people who rate this piece of art. please, please please, put it on dvd and ALL of it. i'd pay anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've Never Forgotten The Flight of the Condor!, 22 Dec 2007
Sherron Gerald "Nature Lover" (Wiggins, MS) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Flight of the Condor [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I saw this years ago on television, and the beautiful photography and hauntingly beautiful music have locked it in my memory. Now that I've gotten a DVD player, I'd love to order it on DVD, so I can watch it over and over again in the future.
Please, somebody, put this on DVD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting beauty in the images and in the soundtrack, 27 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Flight of the Condor [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I first saw this series around Christmas many years ago. While the details are now getting a bit sketchy, I have not forgotten the entrancing beauty of the landscapes or the stunning soundtrack ( which I managed to buy a few years later ). One aspect that remains firmly in my memory is the total absence of any sign of the human presence. Reality, of course, is quite different, but for a dreamy moment you may, as I did, believe you are looking at unspoiled wilderness and triumphant Nature. Who knows? If as a species we come to our senses, maybe our future will resemble what this masterpiece shows us.

5.0 out of 5 stars flight of the condor, 4 Feb 2009
This review is from: The Flight of the Condor [VHS] (VHS Tape)
brilliant on tv a few years ago.stunning photoghraphy and soundtrack.when are the bbc going to release it on dvd.

4.0 out of 5 stars The usual question - why no DVD or Blu-ray?, 17 Aug 2009
G. Sharpling - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Flight of the Condor [VHS] (VHS Tape)
It's been so many years, I have completely lost faith in the BBC ever re-releasing this fantasic experience on either DVD or Blu-Ray (if it was originally filed on FILM, then a high-quality Blu-Ray transfer would be easily possible).

This is one of the best BBC nature documentaries ever made. Easily on a par with the original "Life on earth" et al. See it any way you can (I'm still watching my copy, taped live from the TV when it was originally broadcast in 1980-something)!

I do not beleive posting on Amazon will affect anything however. The BBC don;t care about what we say here. To attempt to get the BBC to release anything "out of the ordinary" you need to get a full campaign of e-mails going - direct to the BBC themselves! Witness how many, many years, and how much campaigning, it took before the complete "Blake's 7" was finally released on VHS, let alone on DVD, eventually. To the best of my knowledge, hat show has NEVER been repeated by the BBC, ever.

But I digress, pester the BBC directly if you want this on DVD or Blu-ray, but don't hold your breath. So I repeat myself - see this any way you can! You won't regret it. Marvelous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream came true., 10 April 2013
This review is from: The Flight of the Condor [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This "must see" documentary i remembered for many years. I'am so happy i still could buy it to see it again. It's very difficult to find one! But Amazon could deliver and helped me out.

The Flight of the Condor [VHS]
The Flight of the Condor [VHS] by Andrew Sachs (VHS Tape - 1997)
Used & New from: £6.78