Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 October 2000
Anybody who remembers Rosemary Clooney from the fifties as I do, might be excused for being slightly surprised when scanning through the available recordings of this lady to discover that she is still going strong.
More by luck than judgement I decided to buy this collection and boy, am I pleased that I did.
The tracks appear in date order, the first being recorded when Rosemary was 49 years old, the last in this collection being at age 70. If anything she just seems to get better with age, like a fine wine.
If you like listening to a superb voice backed by restrained jazz this would be good value at two or three times the price...
What you will end up with is one of those albums that you will want to hear time and time again, with a selection of tracks that doesn't contain one dud.
on 20 July 2001
This is a great 2 cd set. Featuring the best of the "Concord Jazz" recordings. The 32 tracks were recorded between 1977 and 1998. The sound quality of the recording is superb and Miss Clooney's voice and impeccable phrasing is truly pefection. I can't think of a cd I enjoy more...and I have hundreds!.
on 23 July 2000
If you like your music with a jazz/big band sound, this is for you. Rosemary Clooney's distinctive vocals with wonderful backings & solos from various jazz/big band-based groups -Scott Hamilton et al. Hear "Autumn in New York" and swinging numbers like "Hey there". What a bargain at the price !