Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 December 2001
The very first thing you will probably notice is that incredible french accent. You have never heard anybody singing like that. Not since Maurice Chevalier. At least. Then you'll discover all those bizarre funny electronic tricks, punky guitars and stew-pan drums. The whole stuff sounds as it was recorded in the kitchen. It was, actually, but a magical kitchen, with Francoise Cactus and Brezel Goring doing the cooking, somewhere in Berlin.
And what's in the menu ? A pot pourri of 24 electropop songs, selected from their 4 previous albums (Oh Ah, Monokini, Juke-Box Alarm and My Melody), sometimes sung in french, sometimes in german, sometimes in english (they also have some italian and japanese specialities).
An extraordinaire melting pop, mixing all kind of references, from 60's Yeye girls (Sylvie Vartan, Brigitte Bardot), to 70's disco trash (KC and the Sunshine Band), via 80's forgotten bands (the Plastics). Tasty, spicy, hot & sweety. A table !
on 20 February 2012
Like another reviewer on here, I bought this CD for the song "Moi, je joue" having heard it on an advert. However the track is not on the album even though it says it is on the cover.

In fact you can get this track on Stereo-Total's album 'Oh Ah' or the better original sung by Brigitte Bardot on "Best of Bardot" -

on 13 July 2003
I wont tell you what it sounds like or try to mimic the pretentious stylings of the “wana-be journos”. I will however give a short piece of advice based on personal tastes!
I first heard a track on a car add, after a bit of sniffing around , I fond out who performed it. It was by “stereo total”. I even found out the track name. However, in a fit of peek I bought all I could get hold of, except an early crap one, judging by the samples I heard, it defies listening to!
I eagerly awaited the first of several disks to arrive and took it to work for a twelve-hour shift…and again the next night.
I woke up humming half a song and didn’t understand the lyrics… realizing that out of the preceding 48 hours, 24 of those hours, were spent listening to one cd, was quite astounding. Even though I was able to access around fifty albums of my choice, this was it. The eject button was feeling left out in a big way, meanwhile the battery door was doing a sterling trade.
Armed with the new album, I proudly displayed and auditioned it to my wife, she likes a diverse and strange mix from: My old hard-core punk, to pink, via the goodies and ACDC. I was surely on to a winner.
After a few quick bursts of hastily skipped trax, “this makes Kenny Everett’s LP of ‘the worst records of all time’ seam like an all time classic, it’s shite!” was her somewhat frank reprise.
My advise is to try before you buy…I’m going to make copies of the disk and bury them in selected parts of the garden, in case the original gets stolen, accidentally sat upon or the disk gets left in the sun, these events are a possibility that my wife has assured me could happen, soon!
Jim Griffiths.
on 11 July 2005
I bought this album expecting to have a t'riffic version of "mai je jous" from the well-known car advert. Oh how wrong, for some reason the promissed song isn't on the album (replaced maybe due the success of the advert?) even though the CD cover still claims that it is...
As for the rest. Easy listening, not demanding, won't scare the kids, nor get the pulse racing either.
on 25 July 2014
Excellent service, album gets tedious after a while