Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 January 2006
Having purchased a recent album of the Little River Band and found that a number of the original line-up were not there, it had a sadly lacking LRB "sound". However, the Best of LRB is exactly that - THE BEST!! - every song instantly recognisable and had you singing along to the tracks, taking you back through the years. "Reminiscing" being one of the very best tracks LRB have ever produced, with the fabulous feel of Glen Miller behind a modern "pop" record - BRILLIANT! Who can mistake the unforgettable start to "Lonesome Loser" and as it is the first track on the album, sets you up very nicely for a very happy trip down memory lane and to a very happy start to your day whenever you listen to this cd. It is a culmination of all the best tracks from all their albums on one cd - it couldn't get any better! The LRB still rocks!
Claire Thrower, Burwell, Cambridgeshire
on 29 April 2004
I bought this album on the strength of one track heard on anothercompilation, slightly worried about doing this. I have been disappointedbuying an album on the strenght of one track, but, not this time. As soonas I got the cd through the letter box I put it on the hifi and sat backto enjoy eighteen finely crafted, well performed songs I wish I had heardbefore.
Some might think them a little bland but be patient, this isworth the effort of getting into.
A well spent few quid!
on 2 April 2009
What a pity we don't hear more of The Little River Band! They really are a great band.
This album is packed full of their great songs, with powerful vocals and awesome harmonies. I have so many favourites on this album, I don't know where to begin, but give a listen to 'Lonesome Loser', 'The Night Owls', 'Reminiscing', 'We Two' and 'The Other Guy' to start with.
Once heard, I'm sure you will agree that this is a brilliant album, and is a must for everyone's collection.
on 20 November 2005
We'd never heard of The Little River Band until we became addicted to the music that's on Seaworld Orlando's Shamu Rocks America Show.
What a revelation it's been - this CD is the best drive along sing along album ever!!!!
on 18 April 2011
Why is it that all these so-called "Greatest Hits" compilations are always, yes always, nót ideal?
This is a great collection, but I am surprised to see that "Home On Monday" is absent.
And any Greatest Hits of the LRB should contain "It's A Long Way There" at its full length.
Ah well, Record companies and what-they-think-what-is-best-for-us.
on 11 March 2012
Wow! Ausi pop/rock icons! - but what happened to "I'll be home on a Monday"? How it was missed from this album is a real mystery - there must be some reason I guess. Great songs, lyrics, band/backing harmony/vocals.
on 2 January 2014
Bought ages ago! Reminiscing! Good easy listening Aussie band, good collection! Perhaps I'd better get around to playing it again! House moves! Bah!
on 1 April 2014
had heard a few of their songs and decided to hear more at a cheap price. It's really good- especially for a summer day...
on 12 November 2013
THERE ISN'T A TRACK I DIDN'T LIKE, GREAT TO LISTEN WHEN DRIVING.
EASY LISTENING AND MY BEST PURCHASE FOR A LONG TIME.
on 11 March 2015