5.0 out of 5 stars Make mine a double
I've never written a review but felt compelled to do so now. This is Crosby and Nash at their very best, by their own admission, the band were so hot that they themselves had to up the ante and they certainly rose to the occasion. And by the way, this is no pub band, these guys are top of their game !
Compare Immigration Man and Mama Lion to the studio versions and...
Published on 18 Feb. 2012 by mauriceb

3.0 out of 5 stars Enthusiasm over style
Published on 21 Mar. 2007 by noddy g

5.0 out of 5 stars Make mine a double, 18 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Live (Audio CD)
Compare Immigration Man and Mama Lion to the studio versions and the latter just don't cut it, at least not compared to these performances. This album also contains in my opinion the best version of Leeshore, hands down.
A great live album and a must have, I only wish it had been a double.

5.0 out of 5 stars Live at last, 29 April 2011
This review is from: Live (Audio CD)
I have owned this album on vinyl for many years so there was no doubt about whether I'd like the music or not, I love it! Apart from actually being at the concert I don't think you can beat a good live album and this is a very good one indeed. It's just brilliant to find this out on CD as my vinyl copy has been well played and is pretty battered in parts - scratch samples anyone? I love pretty much all the tracks on here, but "All Along The Lee Shore" is just beautiful and the final track, Deja Vu, is a wonderful version with various opportunities for members of the band to contribute solos.
This is, simply, a "Must Have" in my opinion so get clicking and BUY IT - you know you want to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Concerts., 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Live (Audio CD)
David Crosby and Graham Nash are on superb form here, songs taken from 1985 and 1986. Note that the CD version is 11 tracks - the original only 9, the extra ones are "King of the Mountain" and "Bittersweet" both excellent additions. Well recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enthusiasm over style, 21 Mar. 2007
noddy g (yorkshire,england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live (Audio CD)
Crosby Stills Nash and Young were forever falling out, but Crosby and Nash always seem to get on. Thats what keeps them touring as a duo I guess, they enjoy it.This album is a good relection of their late 70s tours, mixing rocked out west coast C and N with the odd pause for reflection ( Nashs great Simple Man). These gigs sounded fun, Leeshore was speeded up a little, Deja Vu bashed out after an almost prog rock intro. This is not a precious subtle piece of work, its Crosby Nash wearing mechanics shirts and downing a Bud after the gig.It hardly seems drugged up. However, I do like it, the versions are generally good, and whilst the band theyre with seem a bit pub band now and then, David Lindlays violin sounds great when used. Often thought of as the 'George and Ringo' of CSN and Y , delving into their material shows they are worth a listen. A good value album, hardly an all time classic though but enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily worth 5 stars, 23 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Live (Audio CD)
While I agree with a lot of noddy's comments, I am disappointed with his rating of 3 stars. This may not be a highly polished studio album but it really captures the essence of a live recording. Practically every song is a belter and I just love singing along. This is the album that spends the most time in my 5-way CD changer. I thought it might be helpful to list my favourite tracks but they're all good. Maybe my least favourite are Deja Vu and King of the Mountain, but not by much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 18 Jun. 2014
Much better than I expected

I had never heard this one although I had kept up with their studio albums

I was expecting soem of Crosby's between song diatribes and Nash's simplistic tweeness

But what we get is a great backing band firing on all cylkinders, very imaginative re-worked arrangements and soem fantastic singing from the front two

All in all a very worthwhile addition to the collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 7 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Live (Audio CD)
Excellent remaster. Excellent sound. Great to have two unissued tracks. It's just a marvellous album which I cannot recommend highly enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars i look the crosby and nash, but i found ..., 21 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Live (Audio CD)
i look the crosby and nash,but i found this a bit dreary and lacking in sparkle,must be all the drugs !

5.0 out of 5 stars A great but underated album. Every CSN&Y fan should have it., 4 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Live (Audio CD)
I have loved this album since I first bought it as a record. I just had to have it as a CD

4.0 out of 5 stars great., 15 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Live (Audio CD)
Great.foolish man and time after time are brilliant.

Live
Live by Crosby & Nash (Audio CD - 2008)