Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£26.95+ £1.26 shipping

on 7 January 2004
Words cannot really describe this soundtrack, one of Uematsu's finest pieces of work. This CD actually features orchestrated versions of some of the best tracks from the Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack. If you enjoyed the music from the Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack you'll be amazed by this one. It kicks off with Liberi Fatali, the introduction song, a really powerful track with breathtaking vocals. Blue Fields sounds really good in the orchestrated version in contrast with the original one. The same applies for the battle theme Don't be afraid, which is truly a masterpiece in its orchestrated version. The other battle theme came as a surprise, I never thought The Man with the Machine Gun would sound so good orchestrated as it was purely synth in the game. It is is definitely my favourite track in this album as it is redone in a very refreshing way but retains the power of the original track. Not much needs to be said on the main theme Eyes on Me, one of the most beautiful and melodic FF themes, a real tear-jerker! I kind of expected they'd include tracks like Dance with the Balamb-fish, Balamb GARDEN and the Oath, which sound lovely although not dramatically changed. The added vocals in Fisherman's Horizon make it a very serene and calming track. The other track with interesting vocals is FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC, although it gets a bit strange in the end it is still good, but I prefer the original version on the game soundtrack. Overall this is a great CD and if you like Final Fantasy you'll definitely love this, even if you're not a fan I'm sure this soundtrack would be very interesting to listen to.
on 5 January 2005
When I first bought this CD, I honestly didn't expect much out of it at all! BOY was I in for a great surprise!!! This CD just blew me away - and actually reduced me to tears!!! the game FFVIII was to me, a game like no other and it is still my favourite game of all time. one of the reasons for this was because of the wonderful music that Nobuo Uematsu composed for it. Hearing the FFVIII OST brought me back to the wonderful things i'd experienced through that game. But hearing this CD brought back all of the emotions I'd felt while playng it, as I'd never imagined that I could have heard so many of my favourite tracks played so beautifully! Even "Fragments of Memories", a track from the OST that I had not really liked all that much, was amazing! It was beautiful! Every track on this has some new twist to it - like "The Man With The Machine Gun" which has been given a wonderful orchestrated feel to it; or "Fithos Lusec Vevos Venosec" which is so different from anything i have heard before, with its strangely beautiful melody and instruments!
Only 3 out of 13 tracks on this CD are taken directly from the OST - compared with only 3 out of 13 tracks on FFVII: Reunion Tracks NOT being taken from the OST!!!
I love every track on this CD and I'm sure that you will too! Whether you are a FF music fanatic, or just someone who likes FF music just do one thing - BUY THIS CD!!!
on 13 June 2015
Really interesting album.

Enjoy "Blue Fields" a lot, I don't know why.