5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
I cannot recommend this CD too highly. John Barrowman brings a richness and depth of emotion to the songs that is often missing and in doing so lifts them up to something extraordinary.

I particularly recommend the heart-breaking 'Tell My Father' - which I had to listen again before continuing the CD - and 'If I Can't Love Her'.
Published on 4 Jan 2007 by a.vampyre

3.0 out of 5 stars Reflections from Broadway
John Barrowman has such a great voice but the quality of the recording does not bring this out unfortunately. I know for a fact that his voice is perfect as I have been to many live performances but this CD did not do him or his voice any justice. Lets just hope his new album Music Music Music will do him justice.
Published on 24 Sep 2008 by Liss

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 4 Jan 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars John Barrowman Shines, 8 April 2007
This review is from: Reflections from Broadway (Audio CD)
I don't know what CD the last reviewer was listening to, it certainly was not this one. John is in Superb voice,the song choice it perfect. This is one of my favorite showtune CD of all times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 1 Dec 2009
This review is from: Reflections from Broadway (Audio CD)
John Barrowman is a fabulous singer. He has the voice of an angel. He can squeeze the last ounce of emotion out of even the most mundane song. Reflections of Broadway takes some of the most beautiful songs from the world of musicals and makes them new again in his hands.

If there is one problem, it is that this is a CD, not DVD, because if there is one thing nicer than listening to John sing, it is watching him sing. So much talent and good looks in one man seems unfair to the rest of mankind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Early work but still fabulous, 2 Oct 2007
This review is from: Reflections from Broadway (Audio CD)
This is the album that got me hooked on JB's voice, a friend had told me about him and I got curious and have not looked back since. His voice is warm and touching, he can sing anything and make it sound great. My favourites on this album are 'Tell My Father' and 'Bring Him Home'. John is a star in the true sense of the word talented, hard working and loyal to his fans. This album is one of the best starting points for a career that will last for many many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars BARROWMAN BLOW'S YOU AWAY, 24 May 2001
By A Customer
John Barrowman deliver's a fabulous cd of mixed emotion's. From the simple sweetness of 'Boy from nowhere' to the big production sound of 'Sunset boulevard' this cd is must have for any musical lover. congratulation's to Mr Barrowman on a job well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Reflections from Broadway (Audio CD)
I enjoy listening to John Barrowman his albums never dissapoint he has a lovely voice. I would recommend any of his albums this one included.

4.0 out of 5 stars Barrowman on Broadway, 26 Dec 2012
This review is from: Reflections from Broadway (Audio CD)
With John Barrowman's CDs you can get repeated tracks from others; hardly a problem when you enjoy a voice that is laced with such personality. With any such mix of show songs as this you get the ones from shows that are familiar, 'Why God, why?' from Miss Saigon, then comes a gem like 'Tell my father', the emotional plea of a dying young man from 'The Civil War', a show I have never heard about. After hearing samples ranging from 'Beauty and the Beast' to 'Sunset Boulevard' I am left wishing I had seen him in a show there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reflections from Broadway, 24 Sep 2008
This review is from: Reflections from Broadway (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cross Section of Musical Theatre by a West End Star, 12 Aug 2000
By A Customer
John Barrowman has put together a fine collection of some of contemporary musical theatre hits that showcase this West End Star's fine musical talents. The songs are sung with deep passion and pay tribute not only to the richness of the music and words, but also to the many individuals who have helped this star in his musical and theatre career. The suprise bonus track added a nice personal touch to the CD and reflects the true openness that John expresses throughout these songs. Too bad he didn't include a song from Phantom of the Opera, but since he has recorded these elsewhere he can't be faulted for that. His renditions of "Why God Why?" and "Try to Remember" were especially moving. The CD also serves to showcase the range of this fine tenor's voice. A nice addition to anyone's collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the bother., 4 Nov 2007
Verity W (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reflections from Broadway (Audio CD)
I was recently given this as a birthday present. Of-course I was ecstatic, as I had been wanting the CD for about a year, although I was wary of buying music over the Internet.

Unfortunately, two of the songs I was most looking forward to hearing disappointed me: 'If I Can't Love Her' and 'Whistle Down the Wind', especially the latter. Despite the beautiful arrangements, I felt that the singing quality on these two was disappointing. 'If I Can't Love Her' sounded slightly strained, and I felt that there could have been more genuine emotion put into the performance. For me 'Whistle Down the Wind' was the biggest disappointment, as, again, the singing sounded almost horribly strained, and his voice was noticeably close to cracking several times. If you want a good quality rendition of this song, I would thoroughly suggest purchasing the Andrea Ross album.

However, despite the amount of reviewing I have devoted to knocking the flaws, I think that the rest of the songs are spectacularly performed. My favourite songs include... well, pretty much all of them, although the most striking to me are: 'Why, God, Why?' from 'Miss Saigon' (which I want to see now!); 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight?'; 'Red Red Rose' adapted from the original poem by Robert Burns; 'A Boy from Nowhere' from 'Matador'; 'Tell My Father' from 'The Civil War'; 'Being Alive' from 'Company'; and the title song of 'Sunset Boulevard'. I did say "pretty much all of them"! I must confess that I shed a few (well, maybe more than that) tears at 'Red Red Rose' and 'Tell My Father', which I had to re-listen to before continuing. I now listen to 'Why, God, Why?' and 'Sunset Boulevard' when I need waking up for college or orchestra!

Overall, despite the two disappointing tracks, the album is well worth the bother of buying. Unless you like all of the songs you won't be disappointed!

Reflections from Broadway
Reflections from Broadway by John Barrowman (Audio CD - 2007)