5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic.....
I have to say An American Tail is an animated classic, loveable characters and brilliant music and songs! "There are no Cats in America" will make you want to dance and spin around, such a catchy tune.

Published on 2 Jan 2011 by The Movie Guy

2.0 out of 5 stars Good quality till it froze
A fantastic film, unfortunately this DVD cut out 4 chapters from the end on whichever device we played it on. Unsure as to why but it would reset the device and/or freeze. Could have been a one off but no replacement ewas available so had to return for refund
Published 19 months ago by Mr Alexander Catto

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic....., 2 Jan 2011
This review is from: An American Tail [DVD] (DVD)

One thing that many will notice in this film is Fievel's little baby sister Yasha, who is seen in the first half of the film and is completely left out for the rest if the film, must of been an Animated Error, good thing she gets better parts in the next few films.

Phillip Glasser did a brill job voicing Fievel, such a brilliant voice that made me warm inside, as well as the late Dom Deluise who vocied Tiger, Tony Toponi had to be my fav character through the whole picture.

As for the end song "Somewhere Out There" its a song that will end any production, a stage show, a school assembley, a fanmade video, and it certianlly helped to end the film.

The only downside to the DVD release is the lack of Bonus Features, A DVD Game on how to use your remote (Like we really needed that) The Trailer and a "Somewhere Out There" singalong, they are ok, but the DVD Remote Game i don't think was necessary, a behind the scenes look of the film or the orginal "Somewhere Out There" Music Video by Linda ronstadt and James ingram would of been better.

Still, Kids are not just going to like An American Tail - They are going to love it!
5/5!

5.0 out of 5 stars Old favourite, 30 Nov 2010
Mrs. C. A. Gisbey "Chrissy" (West Sussex England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An American Tail [DVD] (DVD)
My kids grew up loving this film on video so it was time to replace it with the DVD for the grandchildren!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely film, 22 May 2013
This review is from: An American Tail [DVD] (DVD)
Great film with good story line and animation. May seem a bit dated by today's standards of animation but my 4 year old loves it and sings her heart out every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars An American Tail DVD, 3 May 2013
This review is from: An American Tail [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant DVD! I used to LOVE watching An American Tail, now I've got it on DVD. Arrived in plenty of time too.

5.0 out of 5 stars An American Tail, 25 April 2010
T. O'Hara (Croydon - UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An American Tail [DVD] (DVD)
A story of a little boy mouse, who gets seperated from his parents on their way to America to escape from the cats! It covers his journey until he finally finds is family again.
A great film, but a little old fashioned by modern standards, but still well loved by all my family. My partner, myself and all of my children when they were young and even now they are grown up love it. Now my 2yr old granddaughter is also hooked. We all sing the little songs together and dance when the dancing songs come on.
A great family film, if you don't want all the latest technology and just a good basic old fashioned family film.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Alternative History Lesson, 18 Aug 2008
This review is from: An American Tail [DVD] (DVD)
As well as being an entertaining, fun and moving story, An American Tail is also a representation of the 1880s when many Russians would immigrate to America, believeing it to be a land of wealth and oppurtunity. As this film shows, the reality was often very different. The story follows Fievel Mousekewitz who becomes seperated from his family on the ship bringing them over to America, and his struggle to find his family once he gets there. This aspect of the story should keep children entertained (I personally loved it as a kid) but there are also many parts that should keep the adults interested, for the film does address many of the key issues facing the family's who had immigrated at the time. A fun film, where you may actually learn something. Give it a try, no matter what your age.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a Classic, 29 April 2007
N. Joensen "Movie lover" (Copenhagen, Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An American Tail [DVD] (DVD)
I remember watching this movie all the time when I was a kid. I absolutely loved this movie back then and now I bought this dvd from Amazon and I found out that I still love this movie. The movie is about the Russian mouse family who emigrate to America to seek a better life. On their way to America they loose their son Fievel. The movie has a lot of great songs and many lovely characters.

I would definately recommend anybody to buy this dvd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, cute fun!, 2 May 2003
This is a heart-warming tale of a young mouse that loses his family when they move. This is an excellent animated story with fun characters that children and adults will enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Lovely film and memorable music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must watch, 5 July 2014
This review is from: An American Tail [DVD] (DVD)
I had forgotten how epic this movie was. I would defiantly recommend this movie. The last time I watched this movie was when I was 10 I'm now 22. It was defiantly worth buying and watching again after 12 years

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›