Format: Audio CDChange

on 16 April 2003
What can I say, This Album is fantastic. Dreacatcher mix of 'No. 1' is awsome.
I am involved in a dance called Ceroc or modern jive, if anyone reading this is a fellow dancer, buy this CD it is simply the best there is.
If you are a music fan of crossover Jazz-Pop you should also love it, I cant recomend it highly enough.
I hope this review helps, for the record, my CD collection is over 5000 and I put this album straight to no. 1 - sorry pun intended, but I would.
0Comment43 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 August 2005
I am a 'modern jiver' - Leroc style. I was convinced about this album by the guy who wrote a review and he dances Ceroc jive. What a fantastic find. Every track is 'just excellent'. Whether it is blues, jazz or a mix you will find tracks on here that you will want to listen to again and again. I am still listening to it - in the car - at work - at home. Every time you seem to find something new. If you like the saxaphone you love this. Question? Does anyone know if they made another CD or is this the one and only?
VINE VOICEon 18 August 2004
You probably know the single "Would you..?" (you remember, "Umm, I've noticed you around... I find you very attractive... umm... would you go to bed with me?") A classic neo-swing pop-jazz crossover.

This is the kind of CD you buy because you loved the single - and find they only had 1 or 2 great ideas and the rest of the CD is dross. But in this case my cynicism was confounded, because the entire CD is great!

The whole CD is funny, witty, danceable, sing-along-able,

"So hot": an infectious beat with latino-style trumpet, a sultry young lady pouting "I'm sooo hot..." mixed with a weather forecaster telling us how hot and sticky the weather is... Sheer genius!

The lyrics to "Tango in Harlem" crack me up.

And so it goes on. Music that makes you dance, sing, laugh and act in a very silly way. Music that makes you feel good to be alive. Pompous, self-important, angsty artists, please note!

Buy it today - it's soooo hot!
0Comment33 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 June 2008
For anyone who fancies sussing out a band who combine stuff that makes you want to jump and dance with smokey jazz AND THE SEXIEST VOCAL you've every heard - get this.

Like a previous reviewer, Shivari (and all power to you mate, you hit the nail on the head as far as this cool album is concerned) - I can only agree that this is a fabulous 'crossover'. I am basically a soul and rock fan, I think my taste is fairly restricted - Weller, Bowie, Lou Reed, The Jam, The Who, Northern Soul, the Clash, Ida Maria - so for me, this was a gamble purchase. But WOW what a winner, I think EVERY track is cool and two in particular - BIG BEAT and LIFE'S A BEACH have really hit my spot.
on 6 June 2000
Touch and Go has done some brilliant experiment with Jazz music. They started out with a extremely strange song which had some inane lyrics probaly had some three lines! But the real treat is the album which is somthing which will change your opinion about this band. You could very well call this album as a very sensuous album with lyrics admitting to that. Prime cuts on this album include ``Straight To Number One,'' ``Would You,'' ``Mein Freund Harvey'' ( excellent reverb vocals effect on this track) and ``Life's a beach'' To put it in a nutshell this is one album which Jazz fans will freak while those who hate Jazz -- will love Jazz after listening to this album.
Viral Bhayani, India
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 November 2007
I dance Ceroc and some of these tracks are played regularly at dance nights. So I just had to have my own copy! It's fab! Listening to it in the car and at home - when I put it on, it just makes me wanna get up & dance! Also quite sensuous music, so might want to make you do other things as well! Highly recommended.
on 13 September 2010
The music on this CD is exceptionally good! I bought this album because of the previous reviewers who said it was good for Jive and Salsa. I am delighted with my purchase. I now listen to it in the car when I am on my way to a dance, or in the kitchen when I need to get excited about housework. I have heard quite a few of these tunes when I have been to Ceroc dance venues. I think the main feature of the songs is that they have unusual and interesting beats. They are great to dance to, and good to listen to as well. I'd recommend this to anyone who likes a good beat and wants to feel good by listening to music.
on 17 February 2011
This music is pure listening pleasure. Happiness in cd format! So cool, funky, sexy, feel good and so energising! This is how music should be - fun, fun, fun. I happened on it by chance and what luck. I just can't stop listening to it and each time it's better than I remembered it. Can't say this about any other cd I have ever owned. Definately one of a kind and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
on 11 September 2011
I was working in the Former Soviet Union in the mid-late `90s and thence on into the 2000s and beyond (wistfully sighs); Touch and Go were being played absolutely everywhere. And very loud. The joie de vivre of their music seemed to capture the expectancy of `freedom' of the post-communist zeitgeist (did I really just type that sentence?!). But it did, it really did, the clubs and bars of Petersburg were banging, but it was in the smaller towns that the great leap appeared to be even more dramatic.

& it's such a really, really great album; clever in its arrangements and often very witty in its lyrics and in its delivery (and I have to disagree with the paltry 4*er - I like the repetitiveness of some of the lyrics). So upbeat and positive and life-affirming. As for me, every now and again i h just have to popped the devil on: wallow in a bit of nostalgia but mainly to revel in the musicality.

That there's so little recorded music generally available from T&G beggars belief (though I picked up some bootlegs of stuff in the various markets out East, & of course for snaff all).

And re my opening question. I did, and extremely nice it was too. Every time. Some more wistful sighs........
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2014
This is a fun pop album from a feel-good, party band combining all the energy of the B52's with Herp Albert's 60's trumpet.

There are some real swingers, like the single of the same name and a few good chill out songs. Simple arrangements, sultry voices every now and then singing catchy, great trumpet playing and always a good beat. The trumpet sound is very retro (but way more edgy), but the production sounds very modern even now - so this album is timeless. It's a great pick me up CD.

It seems the band didn't produce that much, so savour this. There is nothing like it.

The music can not be dated
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse