5.0 out of 5 stars An utter, utter must for everyone., 20 Mar 2001
This review is from: Sunday 8pm/Saturday 3am (Audio CD)
This album is essential for music lovers everywhere. Many people think of 'Insomnia' or 'God is a DJ' as major Faithless tunes, however, I can assure you that there are plenty more far superior songs than those. With Dido being the sister of Rollo from Faithless, her fantastic backing tracks on this ensure that this is a perfect mix of funky and chilled as well as interesting and sad ('She's my Baby' being a perfect one for petrol heads and 'Why Go' for rejected lovers everywhere!). The bonus CD is just as amazing, with 'Thank you' being one of my favourites (not the Dido version!). In short, you'd be mad to miss both this and Reverence with the Irreverence bonus CD. The beauty is, that no matter what type of music you're into, you're bound to fall in love with a large majority of this cd!

5.0 out of 5 stars TOP MUSIC, 18 April 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Sunday 8pm (includes bonus cd Saturday 3am) (Audio CD)
We've all given it five stars, this may give you exaggerated expectations all I can say is listen to the CD it really is first rate. I don't just listen to dance, club whatever you want to call it I listan to all music Floyd, Zeppelin, FLC, whatever I like, and let me tell ya this is shit hot. If you're into chemicals then it's even better (I don't mean brothers). I'm not going to try to list the songs or be a critic, it's all relative, but if you've got a spare ... (that's how much it will cost you taking everything into consideration) and a couple of hours to spare it's well worth it. Is there anybody out there who can tell me if it's Boy George on Why Go cause if it is'nt it don't half sound like him. (Yes I've read the review guidlines).

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 19 Nov 2000
This review is from: Sunday 8pm/Saturday 3am (Audio CD)
I borrowed this cd and had it for about a week until I just had to buy my own copy. The Cd is great, and has some really "chilling out" beats, like "the garden" and "hour of need". However there are also some brilliant dance tracks like "God is a DJ" and Take the long way home", both of which have been great for parties. If you have only ever heard tracks like "God is a DJ" and "Insomnia", don't by this album expecting lots of tracks that are as dancey, As the album has a wide mix. I love this album and it is one of my all time favorites and even if you don't like anything else... buy it for "God is a DJ".

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock on Faithless, 16 Feb 2001
This review is from: Sunday 8pm/Saturday 3am (Audio CD)
I found this album purely by chance and I am so glad that I bought it;the sheer perfection of Dido's voice combined with brilliant lyrics makes me want to listen to the album repeatedly. It has been on my stereo now almost non stop for the past 18 months. I am not obsessive, I just hear something new in each track every time it is played. It was the first time I had heard Dido and always wondered who she was until I got hold of her album a couple of months back (it's good, but I still Faithless has an edge). I just wish that Faithless would come on over and do a tour down 'ere in Devon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blissed out tunes, with a hint of house., 21 Jan 2001
This review is from: Sunday 8pm/Saturday 3am (Audio CD)
I purchased this album on the basis of 'God is a DJ', and find this classic tune eclipsed by some of the other content on the cd. 'Take the long walk home' is pure indulgence, for the chill out, then turns into a dance tune fanatic, 'Why go?' with Boy George lending his singing capabilities has a haunting, I've been there, got the t-shirt edge to it. All of the other tracks do not follow suit, but work surprisingly well. This album is great for chillin', dozing off to, or just plain listen to it for the sheer enjoyment it brings.

4.0 out of 5 stars chilled not beat, 9 Mar 2001
This review is from: Sunday 8pm/Saturday 3am (Audio CD)
ditto to what the previous reviewer says. this album is more for chilling out to than reverence which had more beat, my picks would be take the long way home (seems everyone likes that track) and i want my family back. the album is actually quite sad, and a lot of the tunes sing of loss or need. but enough about that, you just want to hear it right? well if you don't own any Faithless i say buy Reverence first cos it is a little better. then buy this cos it is still good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album, 29 Mar 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Sunday 8pm (includes bonus cd Saturday 3am) (Audio CD)
This is a fantastic album that anyone should buy. It contains the sweetest, most moving songs I know. (Just listen to "Bring my Family Back"). This confirmed that this band are as good as the likes of Leftfield and Massive Attack. Another must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for diehard Faithless fans, 14 Aug 2004
Erica Anderson (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunday 8pm (Audio CD)
Faithless is my favorite dance act for the past several years now. I first got into the band when I heard "Insomnia" at a nightclub. The song took the best elements of house and trance music and combined them together to make an epic dance song. It was nothing I had ever heard before. When I saw a video for "God is a Dj", the first single off "Sunday 8pm", I knew Faithless was something special. "God is a Dj" follows in the tradition of "Insomnia" with its epic dance sound. I feel like I am in a rave or a nightclub whenever I listen to that song. "Sunday 8pm" quickly became my favorite Faithless cd and still is to this very day. This version of "Sunday 8pm" includes a bonus remix disc. It is so interesting to hear the songs from the album remixed. I especially loved the dance remix of "Why Go?" w/Boy George on vocals. That is a great remix and one of my favorites, next to the remix of "God is a Dj". All the remixes are excellent. The original disc is a mix of ambient, trip hop, house, and trance music. Before Dido became huge here in the states, she sang part time with her brother Rollo's band Faithless. She sings on "Hem of His Garment" and back up on "Postcards". It doesn't take much for anyone to recognize her beautiful voice. "The Garden" is a great ambient track that kicks off the album. It is a beautiful instrumental. "Take the Long Way Home" is another great instrumental track. It is a little more upbeat than "The Garden" and just as good. There isn't one song on "Sunday 8pm/Saturday 3am". This cd is one of my personal favorite cds from the past ten years and one of the best dance cds around.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good, 18 Dec 2008
Daniel Henshaw "Enjoy" (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sunday 8pm (Audio CD)
This is a brilliant album, fact. Sunday 8pm has such a wide variety of songs, and yet it blends together so smoothly that you barely notice as Sister Bliss' (classically trained) piano loops fade in and out.
This album was made at a time when Maxi Jazz's lyrics meant something, and Dido's voice was effective.
Blissful, emotional, energetic... whatver you say, you can relax and barely notice the changes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly the best, 10 Mar 2005
This review is from: Sunday 8pm (Audio CD)
Too me Outropective better but all depend on people taste. This Bl--dy brillant album by faithless better then Reverence i think
Tunes
1. Garden
2. Bring My Family Back
3. Hour of Need
5. Take the Long Way Home
6. Why Go?
8. God Is a DJ as good as Insonia
11. Killer's Lullaby
I could say all tracks Remixes Too RESPECT TOO FAITHLESS BUY!