5.0 out of 5 stars How rock should be played, 6 Nov 2007
Mr. John Evans (Pasadena, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Truth and Beauty (Audio CD)
This was my first McNabb album. Sensational melodies are lovingly crafted into rock tracks that vary from the delicate to the pulsating. Terrific guitars and McNabb's superb singing. Just a great album and one that I play regularly after owning it for more than 10 years. A perfect introduction to McNabb if he is not already on your list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power Pop Perfection!!!!, 28 April 2011
Francis (County Donegal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Truth and Beauty (Audio CD)
Yes I'm being a bit dramatic with my title but there are few enough albums out there that have what this album has in spades. Every song oozes quality from the songwriting skill to the arrangements to the passionate delivery. There isn't an ounce of fat on the album and I'm not going to start picking favourites because I love them all. What I will say is that the overall feel of the record is positive the subject matter mainly covering the natural highs of being alive with a little bit of politics and attitude thrown in for good measure. The music is amongst the most melodic Ian has written with the emphasis on the jingle jangle guitars some well chosen guitar leads and the odd power chord to flesh things out. Made in 1993 his first solo album after breaking up The Icicle Works to my ears it hasn't aged at all. Ian went on to make other solo albums and indeed still does all with there own qualities but this album to me is his most consistent from start to finish. A soulful and spiritual experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first solo album, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Truth and Beauty (Audio CD)
A fantastic from Ian Mcnabb. Love is like guitars a classic. Not an easy album to get hold of. Unfortuately ordered via Zoverstocks and never recieved it. Got a refund. Finally bought it on ebay last night. fingers crossed I finally get hold of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dreams of heaven, 4 Mar 2014
Mr. Paul Fleming (australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Truth and Beauty (Audio CD)
Ian mcnabb's first solo album holds a lot for me I was living in London when it was released and it reminds me of great dreams of heaven,trip with me,also it arrived in great condition on time thanks loads from sydney Australia

Truth and Beauty
Truth and Beauty by Ian McNabb (Audio CD - 1995)