Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 March 2006
Ok i LOVE the show and the music if in my opinion one of the best things about it. This album is a must for all Buffy Fans, there is something for everyone. There are some fantastic upbeat tracks from Superfine (Season 1) and Face to Face (Season 4 Where The Wild Things Are), but if you want something more relaxing there is the beautiful 'It Doesnt Matter' by Alison Krauss which features in season 2 'When She Was Bad' and the epic 'Wild Horses' by The Sundays (think buffy and angel last dance) and one of the best tracks, 'Lucky' by Bif Naked from season 4. No Buffy Music Album would be complete without a Four Star Mary track and Pain is the best! This song feature is quite a few episodes from Dingoes Ate My Baby (Oz's Band) but Four Star Mary provide all their music (if you like this i recommend their album, Thrown To the Wolves)
The tearful Chris Beck Score at the end is just perfect, the score right at the end of season 2 and the theme is continuous in all buffy-angel moments.
The only disappointment is the absent Sarah McLachlen from the final scenes of Season 2 which are garunteed to get you crying.
However I definately recommend this to all Fans!
on 22 January 2004
EVERYONE should own this album. I bought this cd upon its release in 1998 and have listened to it nearly every day since! Seriously! I have convinced heaps of my friends and family to buy it and they too have spread the word. In my opinion, the best tracks are Velvet Chain 'Strong' (i am obsessed with this track), Bif Naked 'Lucky', Sundays 'Wild Horses' and also 'Keep Myself Awake'. Nearly every song is perfect, unlike the 'radio sunnydale' soundtrack which is pretty hit-and-miss. This one's a keeper!
on 12 December 2000
Despite a rather rubbish offering by the whiney Hepburn (that being the albums only low point) this album rocks! It set off my interest in obscure, cool American bands, thats for sure- especially the fantastic Four Star Mary- the worlds #1 band in my humble opinion. Garbage, Bif Naked Face 2 Face are among the toppest tracks on this alb but by far the best is FSM's Pain- with its ass-kicking beat, and get-up-and-jump-about tune, and its soul rending lyrics, and the short and very sweet Nerf Herder which makes you want to go and kick some vampire butt. Its only shortcoming (except the Hepburn factor) is that there isn't enough of it. It should've included Curve, Treble Charger, Sprung Monkey, The Dashboard Prophets and Cibo Mattos Sugar Water. They better bring another one out!
on 9 October 2001
If you're bored with the mainstream UK pop scene, don't like the bands on Top Of The Pops, buy this CD and open up your world to some great fresh talent. I already own two CDs from the artists featured here 'Bif Naked' and 'Four Star Mary' and there's more I'd like to hear more of, 'Black Lab' and 'Alison Krauss & Union Station' to name only two. The best decision I've made in a long time.
on 14 November 2006
When I first got this I was quite disappointed. I didn't listen to more than the first few seconds of the tracks. Then one day I actually listened to them and now think it is brilliant. I am not too impressed with 'Teenage FBI' but love 'Lucky', 'Nothing But You' and, best of all, 'Virgin State of Mind'. Give it a go. It even has Angie Hart's band - Splendid, which is always good.
on 21 July 2000
When I heard that they were releasing a soundtrack for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I knew I had to have it. I completely enjoyed all of the music and was delighted that the 'Buffy/Angel love theme' by Christophe Beck was featured. I would have liked to have seen 'I will remember you' which was featured in the episode 'Angel' and would have loved it if the music in Buffy's dream of her and Angel and the her vision of Jenny Calender's involvement in Angel's curse 9('Innocence') had been there. Four Star Mary's 'Pain' was fabulous as was K's Choice's 'Virgin State of Mind.' An all round excellent album and a must for any fan of the show.
on 19 March 2008
This is deeply satisfying music, ideal for immersing yourself in the gothic world of Sunnydale's club culture. The sometimes dreamy, sometimes lively, yet always slightly dangerous undertones of this dark album have the perfect balance of the familiar and the unexpected. From the murmuring sensuality of 'Virgin State of Mind' to the pure teenage attitude of 'I Quit' and the baroque sliding tones of 'Transylvanian Concubine', this is one to put on, sit back and sink into. Buffy fan or not, this album is just good music with a generous 18 tracks of indulgent hedonism.
I bought this album because I love the show and the music is always pretty good. I have to say I was impressed. All the songs are good, particularly Lucky by Bif Naked and Pain by Four Star Mary (the band who play for Oz's band Dingoes ate my baby on the show). The low point is Hepburn, I quit. This song has never been on the show, it has nothing to do with the show, oh yeah, and it sucks! After listening to it for a while I now skip the instrumental songs - Close Your Eyes (the Buffy Angel love theme) It's sweet, but gets a little dull. I also skip the Buffy theme, again, it gets dull. And of course, bloody Hepburn. This album was great but there were certain songs that would have made it better, for example, "Sugar Water" by Cibo Matto, which was playing during Buffy's sexy dance with Xander in "When she was bad". And of course, "Full of Grace" by the fantastic Sarah Mclachlan, which played in "Becoming" right after Buffy killed Angel. However, it still gets the full 5 stars because it's a rocking album. It's not even a grower - trust me, you'll like it instantly. And check out the Bif Naked album, you won't be disappointed.
on 17 January 2002
I bought this album like so many others because I enjoy the show, It was the best decision I've made, apart from buying albums by Bif Naked's and Four Star Mary, which by the way I totally reccommend. The album contains mostly unknown artists but each song has it's individuality. Thank god there is no mainstream pop on there for which i feared there would be (apart from Hepburn that is) The album contains the buffy/angel love theme which has such a beautiful melody and is a nice finishing touch to the album. Highlights of the album for me is Lucky by Bif Naked, Pain by Four Star Mary and Wild Horses by The Sundays. This album is great from start to finish and you'll be surprised how quick you love it!!! It will be the best CD you buy or one of the best for sure.
on 5 September 2003
Buffy the Vampire Slayer. An amazing show. But is the soundtrack any good? On a first listen - almost "YES!" On a second listen - definitely! Every song featured on this album is in some way connected to Buffy. First up is the Theme by Nerf Herder. In my opinion, this was worth the money alone. Track 2 is by Guided By Voices. Whilst this may not appear in the show, the lyrics are definitely buffy-related.
There are a lot of unknown artists and bands on this compilation, but there is something for everybody. Songs like 'Wild Horses' by The Sundays, 'I Quit' by Hepburn, and 'Pain' by Four Star Mary are just a few examples of the varied musical genres on this CD. A lot of these songs will be easily recognisable as being played on the show, especially 'Lucky' by Bif Naked, which was featured in Season Four's 'The Harsh Light Of Day'. Last but not least is the 'Buffy/Angel Love Theme' which was scored by Christophe Beck. This score was most famously used in Season Two's finale 'Becoming'.
If you are a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, then this album comes highly recommended. And even if you're not, there's bound to be something on here that you like.