5.0 out of 5 stars TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
Published on 13 Jan 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull
Most disappointing, dull and repetitive
Published 2 months ago by adrian

5.0 out of 5 stars TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, 13 Jan 2001
This review is from: Don't Mind If I Do (Audio CD)
So, after a thirteen year chart absence, they're back, what's changed? You would be forgiven for thinking that this album may be a lazy effort to cash in on thier successful tours, but each song is a masterpiece, better than anything they've done before...yes, even Karma Chameleon! George's voice has changed greatly since he first sang 'Do you really..',but the result is a more soulful, intense sound as displyed perfectly on 'Weep for the child' or 'Cold shoulder'. From the upbeat, reggae of 'I just wanna be loved' and 'Your kisses..' to the beautiful simplicity of 'Truth behind her smile' and sorrowful cry of 'Less than Perfect' (surely one of the best songs ever written), this album will keep even passing fans entertained from start to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Price, 10 Aug 2002
Tylana Marie Bolt (Dallas, tx United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Don't Mind If I Do (Audio CD)
The last release from Culture Club is their best. It is a clever and jazzy collection, similar to earlier work, but with much savvy and intellect incorporated into the music and lyrics. It's one of those albums that is throroughly enjoyable all the way through, over and over again. I would say this is their best album of the bunch on the whole. If people knew just how good this album was, it would have sold more than Colour by Numbers.

5.0 out of 5 stars come back with avengeance, 26 April 2008
This review is from: Don't Mind If I Do (Audio CD)
This is the comeback of all comebacks, the lead single I Just Wanna Be Loved, sold by the bucket load and if it was released on the original release date would have been No.1, but with contracts and out of the country unable to promote it, it was put back a week only to be up against new releases from Cher "Believe", George Michael "Outside" and U2, but still smacked in the UK charts at No.4. They had a huge sell out tour of 1998, and i was lucky enough to see them, and boy did they rock!! Culture Club were hot all over again - and about time. I only think if they hadnt of waited a year after the single to release this cd, it would have been huge. The follow up single Your Kisses Are Charity, deserved a lot more appreciation and certainly more airplay, however it peaked at No.24, but what happened to Cold Shoulder / Starman, sales show that it was due to chart between No.11 to No.18 so why did it stall at No.41, that is the ingenius question!!!! Other stand out tracks on this cd, actually their isn't any duff tracks on this cd, it's full of winners, carefully chosen tracks which should have put Culture Club as one of the most remarkable groups of the last century. Put their chart positions and record sales side by side with the likes of Duran Duran, Wham! etc, and see who the real 80's stars actually were. Top marks.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is excellent!, 24 Sep 2000
This review is from: Don't Mind If I Do (Audio CD)
I'll keep it short and sweet....I thought that I would like this, but not this much! It has a song for every mood,every occasion and every volume level! It has been on a lot and yes, everyone goes " Who is that on the CD ?" Fab-buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars STILL GOT IT!!, 9 Dec 1999
This review is from: Don't Mind If I Do (Audio CD)
I THINK THIS IS ONE FOR THE PAST & FUTURE GENERATIONS OF FANS! NOT ONE SONG WAS DISAPPOINTING! BLEND OF SEVERAL SOUNDS STYLES BUT ONLY CC & OUR BOY COULD MAKE IT AS MAGICAL AS BEFORE AFTER SO LONG PARTED HOPE THIS ISN'T LAST SIMPLY MAD ABOUT THE BOY/MAN HE HAS GROWN UP AND HIS MUSIC WITH HIM KUDOS**** FANS THIS IS A MUST HAVE!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Don't Mind Either, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Don't Mind If I Do (Audio CD)
This CD easily matches Culture Club at their height, but there is an added maturity. Unlike most Culture Club albums this one has no duds at all, not even a weak song, In some ways George's image clouded the fact that their music is so fabulous, but it is also the case that he made them great to watch too, Please do another CD guys...We're waiting

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect pop, 2 Jan 2012
This review is from: Don't Mind If I Do (Audio CD)
Every track is perfect pop, sometimes I like this even more than Colour By Numbers, so that's something. Hope the new 2012 album can do the same and more.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 15 May 2011
This review is from: Don't Mind If I Do (Audio CD)
I BOUGHT THIS CD WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT. BY FAR THE BEST TO DATE. FANTASTIC LYRICS WICKED MUSIC. I THINK THIS IS BOY GEORGE AND CULTURE CLUB AT THEIR BEST. I LOVE THEIR OLDER STUFF BUT THE ALBUM, MIND IF I DO. IS DEFINITELY THEIR BEST TO DATE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this whilst it's #.... You won't regret it., 5 Sep 2000
This review is from: Don't Mind If I Do (Audio CD)
Not sure what I was getting myself into, I One-Clicked this one. Now I can't get it off the stereo. A great album, and one which impresses my guests: "great sounds, who is it?", "Guess!", "that's never Culture Club!" Score one for George and the band.

5.0 out of 5 stars well what can i say, the boy is amazing!, 4 Jan 2000
This review is from: Don't Mind If I Do (Audio CD)
Yet again another great album by culture club, not one track bored me, a variety of great tunes from the greatest band themselves. A great hit with old and young alike, an album which makes you shiver in delight and feel great all over. How does the boy do it!!

Don't Mind If I Do
Don't Mind If I Do by Culture Club (Audio CD - 1999)