Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 9 February 2006
This has to be the best film i've ever seen. I used to rent it out every week when i was younger and probably watched it every day. now i've just bought me and my best mate a copy each so we can watch it all over again. so sad, funny and just a real heartwarmer. will make you want to be a child again.
on 8 May 2004
I borrowed Now and Then from a friend of mine and never got round to watching it. Recently i forced myself to sit and watch it and I'm so glad I did.
The story is about 4 young girls and their relationship with each other as best friends. It shows the experiences they have to overcome as children and how it affects them in later life. The story starts off with the girls when they are older, and goes back to show what happened in their best summer when they were younger. They make a pact to always be there for each other, and now they're older, they put their pact to the test.
This film has everything; comedy, drama, sadness, excellent performances by all the cast and a great soundtrack to boot!
The film shows the importance of our friends and enjoying the time we have with them.
I recommend to watch this with a group of your bestfriends, or, if like me you tend to cry at films, watch on your own!!!
on 30 December 2005
I remember there was a small video rental shop near to where I lived. It closed down after a short while, but while it was there, I went in every other week to pay my pound and renew my rental of the film "Now and Then". I watched it every other day and NEVER got bored of it. It's a classic, totally adorable and heartwarming. BUY IT NOW!! :)
on 19 November 2014
I used to watch this at sleepovers as a teen, I was so excited to see it available to buy on amazon, I purchased it to share my excitement and memories with my sister, I waited patiently for weeks for it to come and when it did I put it in the player to see a message at the top of the screen "wrong region" I'm so disappointed but after going back to the item description it does clearly state "region 1" so I am now back to square one but this is my own fault for not fully reading the full description 🙈 do not buy if you live in the uk and your player only plays discs from the uk.
on 22 March 2013
I ordered this dvd from amazon.co.uk but for whatever reason this dvd is only region 1 so therefore does not play in the UK. Why would you sell a dvd to the uk when it is not compatible with our region?! I finally got it to work but was a poor quality juddering all the time and basically looked like a copy of the vhs. Not happy with quality.
on 1 February 2004
This film was one of my favourites growing up. A typical feel-good "chick flick", the soundtrack is brilliant, and you can't help loving it every time you watch it. i rewatched it for the first time in about 5 years this week, and have to say i loved it every bit as much in my twenties as i did in my teens. a classic movie
on 4 July 2005
Often hailed as the girl version of Stand by Me, I have to say it lives up to it and more, and not just because I am a girl!Its the kind of film that makes you feel all warm and tingly inside.The four young friends are fantastic in the 'then' part of the film and even though I didn't grow up in suburban America with white picket fences and bikes with baskets on the front, there is so much to relate to. The scene where Teeny does a quiz on the girls from Cosmo always makes me chuckle.If you haven't seen this film, there's no excuse so grab some of your girly friends round and some chocolate and get stuck into this fantastic, funny and heartwarming classic.
on 20 June 2014
Was so excited for this film to come, waited a few weeks to receive, put in the DVD player to get a message pop up saying "Wrong Region" so couldn't watch - don't understand why this is sent to the UK if you can't watch?! Very disappointed....
on 24 August 2004
I hadn't seen this film for so long, but having remembered how much I enjoyed it years ago I thought it a necessary purchase. I wasn't disappointed.
This is a film to satisfy every mood. Like all the greats it has highs and lows. Focusing on a group of four young girls this is an emotional film touching on the importance of losing innocence, dealing with disappointments and, inevitably, hormones.
Roberta's discovery about her mother's death and Sam's realisation about her parent's marriage are just two of the genuinely moving moments. These are nicely balanced out by the more humorous events, such as the girls stealing boys clothes after watching them bath nude in the river and talks about sex. Chrissy's reactions to this subject are hilarious on their own. Each girl brings something unique to the friendship group and is appreciated for it. Their relationship is, as they say, 'all for one and one for all.'
It's great to see Christina Ricci and Thora Birch portraying their characters so effectively, perhaps because they are so different from their recent roles in Sleepy Hollow and The Hole. It's unfortunate that there are no special features here, although you could argue the film is special enough without them. It really is a treat.
on 19 November 2005
I only recently bought this film and watched it, after hearing about it from other people. All I can say is...I am so glad I did! It's definitely one to watch with your best girlfriends - it will make you laugh, cry, giggle and smile. It has such a straightfoward storyline yet it will tug at your heartstrings and bring back hundreds of your own childhood memories. It'll remind of you the good things in life and make you want to restore friendships of your own. Restore your faith in human nature...this is a brilliant film.