4.0 out of 5 stars Erasure - Remixed, Re-recorded, and Onstage

Published on 30 Nov. 2010 by Mr. Ga Williamson

4.0 out of 5 stars Erasure - Remixed, Re-recorded, and Onstage, 16 Aug. 2004
Burjiz (Schaffhausen, Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Two Ring Circus (Audio CD)
1987's "Two Ring Circus" is essentially three Erasure EPs on one CD: we have a selection of remixes, a handful of orchestral re-recordings, and the final third is a set of live tunes. On all counts, the disc succeeds. The better remixes include a smoothed-out reworking of "Sometimes," Dave Powell's remix of "The Circus," and Little Louie Vega's version of "Victim of Love." The orchestral tracks are re-recordings set to a lush string arrangement; the best of these are "If I Could" and "Spiraling," which bring out the best in Andy Bell's expressive voice. In many respects, I prefer these versions over the original album tracks. Of the live selections, the absolute treat is the duo's cover of ABBA's "Gimme Gimme Gimme" which almost outshines the original by the Swedish group. This "circus" is one of the greatest shows on earth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Erasure Heaven, 11 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Two Ring Circus (MP3 Download)
So glad I purchased this album, the quality of the music is brilliant. I previously had this album on CD but was stolen, so I'm very happy to have found it again. Would be really happy to recommend this site to family and friends. To the Dev's, keep doing what you are doing and in me you will have a loyal customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mixes and live versions, 17 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Two Ring Circus (Audio CD)
Bought this album when released on vinyl so bought it on CD to add to Erasure collection. Good mixes and live versions. Definately use this seller again for fast service. Arrived before estimated arrival date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back happy memories of teenage years, 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Two Ring Circus (Audio CD)
Brings back happy memories of teenage years. Still sounds as good as it did all those years ago. My 18 year old son say's it sounds good so that's a good recommendation in itself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the 80's, 18 Oct. 2010
D. Davidson (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Two Ring Circus (Audio CD)
Fab CD - as good as I remembered from my school days - not a non stop player but great once in while or downloaded onto my ipod! Great condition and good price - very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah Erasure at their best, 12 July 2013
This review is from: The Two Ring Circus (Audio CD)
Great album, a must for any erasure lovers. This has to be a part of anyone's music collection. Guaranteed to sing along to most of the tracks

5.0 out of 5 stars Briiliant, 15 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Two Ring Circus (Audio CD)
Had the tape in the nineties but we lost it, my husband could not believe it when he opened his present, brought back lots of memories

5.0 out of 5 stars cd, 3 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Two Ring Circus (Audio CD)
Thank you. Prompt delivery. I can finally get rid of the tape I've been hanging onto even though I no longer have a tape player!

5.0 out of 5 stars unsure of quality as its for my dad but really pleased with price and delivery, 1 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Two Ring Circus (Audio CD)
Came really quickly, unsure of quality as its for my dad but really pleased with price and delivery

3.0 out of 5 stars One song on this, 30 Nov. 2010
This review is from: The Two Ring Circus (Audio CD)
People forget that before Erasure went fully Camp/Cabaret they were a cutting edge electro band that made fantastic edgy pop music. They were even classed as Indie. Anyhow I don't like some of the remixes but you've got to hear the Flood remix of Don't Dance. This is the only reason I purchased this again (I lost my vynil copy). The beat and the build up is awe inspiring and still one of the best dancey tracks I've ever heard. It is honestly up there with New Order's best material when they were in their pomp, well before Hooky and Barney started piling on the beef. One other track is very moving, the ochestral version of If I could which is truly beautiful. They hit their peak with the single Chorus later on but after that it was like Lily Savage on Karaoke.

The Two Ring Circus
The Two Ring Circus by Erasure (Audio CD - 1987)