5.0 out of 5 stars The Definitive Flashlight
I would recommend this torch to everyone. It is brighter than any other torch I own. I've heard stories that these last forever, are waterproof, fireproof etc. Looking at my Maglite I would well believe it but don't fancy testing it!!
Published on 20 Jan 2008 by Dan

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid Torch
The torch is of a great sturdy build but the standard bulb does not perform well at all, I immediately purchased an LED bulb and couldn't be happier with it. Fantastic torch, gotten plenty of use out of it already around the home and when on travels. Still haven't had to change the batteries.
Published 9 months ago by Mr Sean Vernon

5.0 out of 5 stars The Definitive Flashlight, 20 Jan 2008
Dan (Amazonia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maglite S2D016 2D Cell Flashlight in Blister Pack - Black (DIY & Tools)
It has a good weight without being heavy and you can tell straight away it is quality product. It allows you too focus from a wide beam of light to a more concentrated spot in a quarter turn. I have had the cheaper copies of this torch but now I see why they are cheaper.
If you decide to buy a Maglite don't cheapen it with low quality batteries and buy the best you can.

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid Torch, 27 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 10 Nov 2011
I'm a School Caretaker and often find myself in the outdoors and very dark conditions, either trying to find that illusive toy that has been left out or just about anything else in the School grounds. This torch is extremely useful in both focused and flood mode, well built and well worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good standard torch. Sturdy Build., 27 Nov 2007
N. Uddin (London UK) - See all my reviews
Maglite have always been known for the quality of their products. This here is another nice design. 2D cell torch has a file like surface on the handle allowing for good grip in wet conditions. The lens is made of a shatter resistant polymer. This torch has a push button switch which in my opinion is better than having a twist action on-and-off. It also has a feature whereby if you twist the head of the torch, you can focus the beam into a single spot. This is great for using like a spotlight illuminating objects far away. If you are buying this torch and feel that camouflage is an important factor for it's use, then you'll probably go for the black one. If camouflage isn't an important factor, then I'd go for a silver one. This is because if the silver one gets scratched, the scratch blends in with the torch and you can't notice it. If you go for a black torch and it gets scratched, then the silver scratch tends to stickout like a saw thumb.

The weight of the unit is decent and feels solid. Would reccomend you buy a belt pouch separately. This is becuase whilst using it, I've sometimes had to put it down in order to free up both hands. On a few occasions, I've had to return to a location because I'd forgot to pick it back up again. A good all-round torch, but nothing spectacular. Ideal for general day to day use indoor or outdoor.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cell as opposed to LED., 5 April 2013
Mag Lite has a good reputation for being the best torch light. This particular sellers description was shy off to inform that it is a Xenon Flashlight. It is not LED 2D cell torch light. If you tried to upgrade this to a 2D LED cell torch light it will be difficult because the bulb chamber is of the old style. Even thought it was marked down with a serial ID on the torch of D numbered. You can purchase a conversion kit to upgrade from 2D cell to 2D Led. The Led extends the range of the light. The difference is clear when you have the incandescent light bulb fitted torched compare to the Led light bulb fitted torch. The distance is measure in lumen. The higher numeric the lumen the greater the reach of the light beam. In this case, the conversion is not possible unless you change the whole assembly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Torch, 8 April 2014
Dr. Tucker (UK) - See all my reviews
Haven't had time to use it but have to write a review about them as otherwise I lose my other reviews!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Torch, 14 Feb 2014
More expensive than a standard torch but well worth it Adjustable beam very useful. Have already used at home and garden during a power cut. Good defensive weapon if I ever need one.

5.0 out of 5 stars TORCH, 6 Feb 2014
My husband loves his new torch!!! Very good and strong beam!! Excellent value for money!! I would recommend this to torch to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars wrong one purchased, 31 Dec 2013
I had bought my son one last christmas, and thought my husband would like one, however I ordered an ordinary torch , when I should of ordered an led, I didn't realise until it was too late, my husband ordered an led bulb and converted it, but this cost an extra 10 pounds, so I was dissapointed, it was my fault, so just make sure you order. the correct one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Torch, 11 Dec 2013
I am fed up with torches that do not recharge after a year so I have gone back to the old fashioned battery ones. So far so good.

ARRAY(0xaa8ebc24)