5.0 out of 5 stars The Definitive Flashlight
I would recommend this torch to everyone. It is brighter than any other torch I own. I've heard stories that these last forever, are waterproof, fireproof etc. Looking at my Maglite I would well believe it but don't fancy testing it!!
Published on 20 Jan 2008 by Dan

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid Torch
The torch is of a great sturdy build but the standard bulb does not perform well at all, I immediately purchased an LED bulb and couldn't be happier with it. Fantastic torch, gotten plenty of use out of it already around the home and when on travels. Still haven't had to change the batteries.
Published 16 months ago by Mr Sean Vernon

5.0 out of 5 stars The Definitive Flashlight, 20 Jan 2008
Dan (Amazonia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maglite S2D016 2D Cell Flashlight in Blister Pack - Black (DIY & Tools)
It has a good weight without being heavy and you can tell straight away it is quality product. It allows you too focus from a wide beam of light to a more concentrated spot in a quarter turn. I have had the cheaper copies of this torch but now I see why they are cheaper.
If you decide to buy a Maglite don't cheapen it with low quality batteries and buy the best you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 10 Nov 2011
I'm a School Caretaker and often find myself in the outdoors and very dark conditions, either trying to find that illusive toy that has been left out or just about anything else in the School grounds. This torch is extremely useful in both focused and flood mode, well built and well worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid Torch, 27 Jun 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Good standard torch. Sturdy Build., 27 Nov 2007
N. Uddin (London UK) - See all my reviews
Maglite have always been known for the quality of their products. This here is another nice design. 2D cell torch has a file like surface on the handle allowing for good grip in wet conditions. The lens is made of a shatter resistant polymer. This torch has a push button switch which in my opinion is better than having a twist action on-and-off. It also has a feature whereby if you twist the head of the torch, you can focus the beam into a single spot. This is great for using like a spotlight illuminating objects far away. If you are buying this torch and feel that camouflage is an important factor for it's use, then you'll probably go for the black one. If camouflage isn't an important factor, then I'd go for a silver one. This is because if the silver one gets scratched, the scratch blends in with the torch and you can't notice it. If you go for a black torch and it gets scratched, then the silver scratch tends to stickout like a saw thumb.

The weight of the unit is decent and feels solid. Would reccomend you buy a belt pouch separately. This is becuase whilst using it, I've sometimes had to put it down in order to free up both hands. On a few occasions, I've had to return to a location because I'd forgot to pick it back up again. A good all-round torch, but nothing spectacular. Ideal for general day to day use indoor or outdoor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Jun 2014
Good torch, just what you expect from a Maglite

5.0 out of 5 stars TORCH, 6 Feb 2014
My husband loves his new torch!!! Very good and strong beam!! Excellent value for money!! I would recommend this to torch to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Torch, 11 Dec 2013
I am fed up with torches that do not recharge after a year so I have gone back to the old fashioned battery ones. So far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars den, 20 Nov 2013
this is a brilliant product! perfect for dark nights like on bonfire night!
I would definitely recommend it to you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Torch, 2 Oct 2013
Came on time but excessive use of packaging. The torch I very heavy and comes without batteries but otherwise OK

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecellent, 16 Aug 2013
We needed to update our rather old fashioned grumpy torch and this is an excellent replacement for our uses when the lights fail or fuse and for winter use aswell