4.0 out of 5 stars A super buy for all Savage Garden Fans
If you already have the savage garden affirmation, I wouldnt recommend buying this album just for the extra live disc, but if you dont, and you had your eye on this, then get it! The live disc really adds flavour to the music and puts a real spin into all the most popular songs, and the music is still crystal clear!
I'm not a mad fan of Savage Garden, but I really...
Published on 26 Mar 2002 by M. Beaconsfield

2.0 out of 5 stars Savage is the name!
Well you know how you sometimes see a Cd and on the cover it says, "including the hit....", and the hit's the only good song on the album??? Well, for most of you this may be the case for savage gardens album, when i was about 15 or something and i got it,i loved it, its a purely depressing album that can help any kid through teenage angst (or get more angsty over it),...
Published on 25 April 2003 by loveslightwings

4.0 out of 5 stars A super buy for all Savage Garden Fans, 26 Mar 2002
This review is from: Affirmation (Audio CD)
I'm not a mad fan of Savage Garden, but I really loved the 2CD's. Even newbies will recognise the majority of the songs from the charts.
Its definatly worth the money! (and with ALL the words to ALL the songs on the inside cover, you cant go wrong!)
Very soulful, bubbly, and erm..well, just listen to those fans scream! Best appreciated turned up full blast, crusing in the car, hood down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Fun! Catchy! Poignant!, 17 Nov 2002
This review is from: Affirmation (Audio CD)
I won't deal with this song by song as I could talk for hours on end. The album as a whole is absolutely and utterly fantastic. Darren Hayes has a truly wonderful vocal range.
Some of the more poignant songs (I Dont Know You Anymore, Crash and Burn, Two Beds and a Coffee Machine) send chills up the spine.
The more upbeat songs (Affirmation and The Animal Song) have you singing along at the top of your voice (and get you funny looks from other drivers if you happen to be playing the album in your car!
An absolute "must-have" album! Even my 8 year old son plays this album non stop and knows all the words to each and every song.
Brilliant. Its only fault.......not enough songs!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best albums you can buy, 24 Dec 2003
David Firth "dudey_cool" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Affirmation (Audio CD)
Savage Garden are one of the best bands we've had for ages. They write their own music and it all comes from personal experience; which is why Darren Hayes, the band's singer, sings with such emotion.
Affirmation is Savage Garden's best album. It combines every emotion from love, to happiness, to sadness. Affirmation, the first song, is a burst of positive energy and a feel-good song that you can dance along to. It's basically 20 or so things that the duo believe in, such as you should never let the sun settle on an argument, and what better advice is there then that?
The sceond song, Hold Me, is one of the best of the album. It deals with the frustration you might feel in a relationship and is one of those songs that you can listen to and, especially if you've had be day, just forget about everything.
Crash and Burn, the fifth song, is brilliant. It's another feel-goos song, with gentle lyrics and singing, it's great to pick you up. This idea of picking you up and making you feel good is an underlying current featured in most, if not all, of the songs on the album.
The Animal Song, track seven, is filled with crazy lyrics such as "when superstars and cannonballs are running through your head" and on a primary level, it's a song to make you laugh and bob your head to, but if you think about what the lyrics are saying, it can actually have an impact on how you think about things. And it's this subtle intelligence in each song that makes Savage Garden brilliant.
The final song I want to mention is Two Beds and a Coffee Machine, track nine, bescause it is by far the best. The song, sung simply with the accompnament of a piano, talks about a broken family and has the power to make you cry. It's a beautiful song that will probably make you feel sad, but at the end makes you see that anything is endurable.
Savage Garden's Affirmation album is definately worth the money and appeals to nearly everyone, regardless of what music you usually listen to. A friend of mine who only listens to rock, listens to this album. And another friend who is purely into metal still likes this album. And I, more of a pop man, love this album; proving its universal attraction. Buy it, I know you'll love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars magic, 12 Oct 2003
This review is from: Affirmation (Audio CD)
A great album, that I'm sure for many people is a soundtrack to their lives. It still is one of my most played CD's, every track stirring up particular memories. Standout tracks, Affirmation, Lover after me, I dont know you anymore, possibly my favourite 3. The bonus live disc adds extra value to the album, the songs are performed really well live. The only downside is the band are no more, which is a great shame, because for me they could have gone on making great records, in the same style as this album, forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars SPINE TINGLING, 4 April 2001
This review is from: Affirmation (Audio CD)
I only received this c.d this morning and it is already on its 7th turn around the c.d player.For anyone who saw savage garden on their recent affirmation world tour(or those who wished they had)the live disc is not to be missed.That voice sends shivers down the spine.The dance version of I Knew I Loved You is just spectacular,as are the rest of the tracks.Once again FABULOUS

5.0 out of 5 stars Affirmation??? Affirmative - Go for it!!!, 1 Nov 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Affirmation (Audio CD)
Savage Garden are one of the greatest bands around at the moment ... truly, madly, deeply. And this 2nd album from the band just goes to prove that. I have had the album for a year now and there hasn't been a day thats gone by that AFFIRMATION hasn't been played on my CD player. Even after a year, the album hasn't lost its original flavour and essence that it brought to me when I first listened to it. It is a mixture of the brutal honesty and simplicity of separation in "The Lover After Me" along with sugar pop classics such as "The Best Thing", "Affirmation" and "Chained to You". These songs just make you want to get up, dance ... and feel good about yourself. It is an album of true emotion, feeling and understanding, with soulful ballads including "Hold Me" and "I Knew I Loved You" - this album can be related to so many issues we face in life that it is like a SOUNDTRACK TO LIFE in itself. With Darren's voice, so full of emotion, and Daniel's acoustics, of true depth and originality, Savage Garden have managed to remain strong in our hearts for 5 years since the release of their first single in 1996. Their first album - SAVAGE GARDEN - is also truly outstanding!!! However, believe me, if you enjoyed them the first time around, this second album will overwhelm you. Savage Garden truly ARE the heart and soul of modern pop music.
"...I believe in karma what you give is what you get returned..." - Savage Garden - Affirmation
So, buy AFFIRMATION now and get your love for Savage Garden returned to you!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars No doubt, Savage garden rocks!, 30 Aug 2006
This review is from: Affirmation (Audio CD)
okay before you start yawning,i think these guys have got the best singiong voice ever! I still cant shake off the feeling of "Truly,madly,deeply,"........that song is so deep and hauntingly beautiful! "Crash and burn" my fav on the Affirmation album is also another masterpiece plus "two beds and a coffee mahine" and of course 'I knew i loved you".

5.0 out of 5 stars affirmation, 13 April 2006
This review is from: Affirmation (Audio CD)
This CD has been in my collection for years, but over the last 2 years it has become something of a classic to me. It's pop, pure and simple, but the lyrics and Darren's vocals make it stand out amidst the chaos of the pop world today. Classic tracks for me include the heartwrenching 'two beds and a coffee machine' and 'I don't know you anymore' amongst others like 'Lover after me' and 'the animal song.' This is something that can be enjoyed by people who listen to all genres, the lyrics are heartfelt and honesty drips from every song. Overall, this is a great album, one you'll continue to listen to over the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Get Enough Of Affirmation, 5 April 2006
By A Customer
Wow. Is all I can say.
I've been a fan of Savage Garden for some years now and this album is by far the best they have ever done. I can remember first listening to this and never getting bored of it, not a single song I skipped. I still listen to it today and love it even more than I did then. I can listen to Affirmation, no matter what mood I'm in because there's a song to suit every emotion on this album.
Darren Hayes voice is incredible on this album, very soothing and not over-powering.
I'm amazed at the lyrics in all of these songs, they all have there own messages and are extremly well written in my opinon.
There's a mix of slow songs, inspirational songs and 'Upbeat' songs on here. There's definately a song to suit everybody.
Savage Garden at their best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best!!, 24 Jun 2005
This review is from: Affirmation (Audio CD)
Can't quite remember when i first became interested in Savage Garden, but i think it was 'Truly Madly Deeply' that got me hooked!! 'Affirmation' is never out of my cd player either and i constantly listen to it on my ipod....all of the tracks are unbelievable. My favourites are 'Affirmation', 'Crash and Burn' and 'You can still be free'. It is a shame they split, but am a big fan of Darren Hayes who's latest album was more like Affirmation. I just hope my copy of Affirmation doesn't wear out!

Affirmation
Affirmation by Savage Garden (Audio CD - 2006)