5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best soul album I've heard in the last 10 years, 27 Jan 2000
This review is from: Soul Organic (Audio CD)
Back in November I deliberated buying this album; why I did so is now a mystery to me. Every song is a work of art, from "Stricly a vibe thing" to "Higher Ground". One of my favorites is "Until I come back to you", made famous by the likes of Aretha Franklin, and a plethora of other musical legends. This album is a must for any fan of soul especially the British genre. If you don't already own a copy, may I suggest that you buy one.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a album, 4 May 2004
This review is from: Soul Organic (Audio CD)
This album is fantastic and it is plainly obvious to me that St Soul has not recieved the recognition that she deserves. There are some fantastic tunes in this album, my favourites are "Strictly a vibe thang" which is really summery and uplifiting and "Until you come back to me" which moves me to the core, what a tune. This is one of the best soul albums that i have ever heard. This CD will find itself being replayed and replayed by me for years to come, a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would of given this CD a higher mark if I could, sheer bliss, 14 Jan 2000
This review is from: Soul Organic (Audio CD)
I'm very critical of todays music, as I like music from the 40's to the late 80s. However I decided to by this album because I heard a couple of tracks on the radio. I when I listened to it, it nearly blew my mind away. Every track is sheer class. Man, why don't people who make PROPER music every get the recognition they deserve.
If you like good british soul then buy this, it's bloody great.
Who needs American Soul, British Soul rules now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy this and you cant go wrong, 8 Jun 2000
This review is from: Soul Organic (Audio CD)
For some unknown reason Hil st have not received the credibility they deserve. Excellent vocals. Again I particularly liked the remake of Aretha Franklin's song. This is the kind of album you can stick on at any time and it is guaranteed to make you feel better and you will never tire of listening to it honest!

5.0 out of 5 stars MUSIC LOVERS, 26 July 2009
This review is from: Soul Organic (Audio CD)
OH WHAT AN ALBUM! HIL ST. SOUL DOES IT AGAIN AND AGAIN, WITH TIMELESS MELODIES AND LYRICS TO MAKE YOU DREAM. GO OUT AND BUY THIS ALBUM...YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. 10/10Soul Organic

4.0 out of 5 stars class vibe and vocals, 4 Oct 2003
This review is from: Soul Organic (Audio CD)
some very cool tunes, excellent vocals, and feelgood vibes. One of the best CD's I've found in the past year. The accoustic version of 'Until You Come Back to Me' is absolutely fantastic. The only minor point holding back 5 stars are the lyrics on a couple of tunes (Concrete Jungle and Just a matter of time) - just a bit self indulgent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy debut set, 27 Feb 2001
This review is from: Nowhere Now (Audio CD)
The list goes on artists that make class music don't get the recognition they deserve. Take Adriana Evans, N'Dambi and Amel Larrieux add to that Hill St. Soul. There has been a lot written about Hill St. soul in Blues and Soul and the DJ's certainly rate this outing. Just not sure why the CD buying public don't get out there and give it the credit that it deserves. It's fresh and it's different perhaps that is why.

Soul Organic
Soul Organic by Hil St. Soul (Audio CD - 1999)