Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 July 2002
A collection of Belinda's biggest hits as a solo artist (although her stuff with the Go-Go's were also big hits).
From her early stuff such as "Circle in the Sand" to the late 90's stuff such as the excellent "Always breaking my heart" and her last single from 2000; "All God's Children".
A must for any Belinda fan.
Note that the second CD is an even better compilation; consisting of remixes from her biggest selling singles.
on 30 April 2001
I have been a fan since i was 10 years old of Belinda Carlise, it has some of my favouite songs on here like Heaven is a Place on Earth, I Get Weak,Live Your Live Be Free,Circle In the Sand,In Too Deep,it is a shame they did on put the song she sang on Manniquin, In Your Wildest Dreams, as that was also a favourite of mine, on the second CD. I also like her new material especially Prayer For Everyone, it should have been release as a single as it is brillant, i also have all her albums, she is excellent singer, it is a excellent album, so if you are fan of Belinda get this album as it has all her huge hits on it.
on 4 August 2000
Belinda has come a long way in her career after the Go Go's, Belinda got a solo career going and she never looked back. The album has all belinda greatest hits from "Heaven Is A Place On Earth", "Leave A Light On" to "In Too Deep".
Plus 3 great new songs and this hints that the best is yet to come from this Californian beauty. "A Prayer For Everyone" is one of her greatest songs and this is the best album for all fans...Heavenly belinda
on 13 November 1999
With the exception of "Mad About You," we have here the definitive presentation of the Carlisle oeuvre. Belinda's body of work may be easily dismissed by some, but in fact she has been crafting one catchy, polished, timeless pop masterpiece after another for the past 13 years. One of the things I admire most about Belinda's work is the unabashedly romantic nature of her material, as well as her deft interpretation of it. In this cynical, emotionally underfurnished postmodern age, Belinda is never afraid to melt, cry, or plead for love, nor to glow or even beam with it. Here's hoping that Belinda's lovely vibrato keeps all of us warm this winter. Cheers, Rob
on 1 August 2010
I've liked Belinda Carlisle since Heaven is a Place on Earth was released and reached number 1 back in 1988. She has some great songs in her repertoire. This, her second official collection of hits is a good introduction to Belinda's music but like the first greatest hits 'Best of Belinda Volume 1', this collection does not satisfy the discerning fan. I would love to see a new double disc, totally remastered with the following track list:

Disc 1
Mad About You (Belinda)
Band of Gold (Belinda)
Heaven is a Place on Earth (HoE)
I Get Weak (HoE)
Summer Rain (RH)
Runaway Horses (RH)
Vision of You (RH)

Disc 2
We Want the Same Thing (RH)
Live Your Life Be Free (LYLBF)
Do You Feel Like I Feel? (LYLBF)
Little Black Book (LYLBF)
Half the World (LYLBF)
You're Nothing Without Me (LYLBF)
Big Scary Animal (Real)
In too Deep (AMAAW)
California (AMAAW)
Always Breaking My Heart (AMAAW)
Feels Like I've Known You Forever (APOE TGH)
La Vie En Rose (Voila)
New Track

This would be a stunning collection of pop gems and a much more fitting tribute to Belinda's career.
By the end of this current collection: HOE TGH it sounds a bit like Belinda has found God or something on songs like Prayer for Everyone and All God's Children, which personally i find a bit cringey, as are the lyrics "I believe in you, do you believe in me?" from All God's Children...a bit embarrassing in their simplicity.
Until a glorious new double CD appears, this is the best collection on the market. (don't bother with the other dubious 'Collection' CDs on the market which are totally pointless) The bonus remix CD included here is pretty unremarkable in all honesty, although the extended versions of Circle in the Sand and I Get Weak are good, plus it includes World Without You which is excluded from the first CD.
Buy this one...but only until an 'Ultimate Collection' comes out.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 September 2002
Sure, "Heaven...", "I get weak", etc. are great tracks that everybody into BC should already have. But forget all about them. The best stuff on this album is all from 1993 and after. "Big Scary Animal" first brought my Belinda to my attention about the time of it's release and frankly everything after this is far superior to the so-called 'hits'. "In Too Deep" "Feels Like I've Known You Forever," and "California" are remeniscent of classic West Coast but with an melancholy infectiousness which will cause goose-pimples on the back of the neck. "Love In The Key Of C" continues the theme but in a more jazzy vein and would not sound out of place on a Sade album.
But my favourite is " Always Breaking My Heart", which is almost a return to the punky power-pop of the Go-go's. Listening to this put me in mind of The Stranglers or the Psychedelic Furs.
So, forget about the eighties stuff. Good as it is, Belinda is making music now far superior. And after all, she is the most beautiful woman on the planet to boot.
on 3 July 2000
What an album its all her career starting with 'Heaven on Earth' to 'Always Breaking My Heart' to the new excillent 'All Gods Children' she had the class to go solo and she has done better than she would have ever done in the gogo's. Really enjoyable album a music have for rock pop lovers.
on 11 March 2010
all of her hits on one cd with a bonus cd of around 10 new mixes of her popular singles. i personnally purchased this limited edition cd for the remixes, as i have collected all her albums already 5***** a must for all belinda carlise fans .
on 6 February 2013
I had never really listened to all that Belinda had sung in her time, but I was taken back by most of all the recordings on this limited edition, I really loved it. So money well spent & good value too.
on 27 March 2014
This just remains fresh as the day the songs were released, cannot call these tracks old fashioned; fun, upbeat and meaningful. Great all round entertainment.