Format: Audio CD|Change

it's true, worth buying for al green's 'how can you mend a broken heart' but if you loved that one try listening to bill withers 'ain't no sunshine'! it's changed my music world
on 19 February 2000
A perfect album to accompany a perfect film. Heart warming ballads from Shania Twain and Ronan Keating make this a 'must have' album. Scores from the actual film also mean you never forget the atmosphere of the film. Totally groovy...
on 22 December 1999
The album is the best thing in ages, it focus on a mixture of old and new. It starts off with Ronan Keatings 'When you say nothing at all'.. the love theme cool. Also is Elvis Costellos 'She' a remake of 70's classic cool and the best is Another Level's 'from the heart' the best in my opinion - not in the film only in the end their loss cool. sexy and the best buy it - make love to music!
on 5 November 1999
The musics are not playing on the background of the movie, but definetly an important part of the movie, of which the scenes are very well integrated with the sound and the words of the music.
on 1 February 2009
This excellent soundtrack goes well with the funny and yet poignant movie. My favourite tracks are 'She' sung superbly by Elvis Costello and 'Ain't no sunshine when she's gone' by Bill Withers. If you have enjoyed the movie then I can sincerely recommend the album.
on 13 January 2016
This is such a gorgeous CD! I originally bought it in a charity shop, but on account of it being so good ( and I've just got a real "thing" for it) I have to give it a review! I just love "From The Heart"; it is so soulful, as is "I Do Cherish You". Ronan Keating has got an incredible voice in his song "When You Say Nothing At All", and I am utterly transported by Elvis Costello's "She"; they both create a simply beautiful atmosphere and make me feel hopelessly in love with the music. I think Shania Twain's track "You've Got A Way With Me" is great; she really brings out that sensation in the title that should come with true love. "Ain't No Sunshine", now that's another big hit; it is breathtaking. There are two versions of this song on this CD; one by "Lighthouse Family" and the other by Bill Withers, the latter being a bonus track. The two purely musical pieces as composed by Trevor Jones - "Will and Anna" and "Notting Hill" are lovely, and for every time that I put this CD on, these two pieces (and all of the other tracks) just keep on getting better. I can't find any other way to describe it other than addictive; it is just plain addictive.
on 17 February 2010
A classic film with classic tracks. Easy listening music with a mix of great songs reminding you of the scenes from the movie.
on 17 June 2000
Worth buying just for Al Green's version of "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" (takes the BeeGee's song to new heights.). Rest of the album is a bonus - but what a bonus!
on 29 October 2010
Great CD with all the songs from the movie - it will bring the movie back to you...
on 18 February 2016
I enjoyed this album very much, having purchased it on Amazon shortly after watching the movie, yet again. Clearly, there is a level of enjoyment stemming from the association with the movie. However, as a number of the reviewers have commented, there is much to enjoy from the well chosen compilation of tracks which include some great songs from the 70s' and 80s'. My only concern was that my 16 year old daughter seemed to enjoy the album too; something that I can't say about the music to which she generally listens. The tracks on the album have been well transferred from the originals which adds to the listening experience.