Progressive Blues
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£16.71+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 27 February 2014
The great Johnny Winter at the beginning of his solo career. This album recorded in 1967, released in 1968, although I did not become aware of it until it was released, in 1969 in Sunset Records in UK. This was the label that released Captain Beefheart's Strictly Personal, The Bonzo Dog Band's albums and a range of other stuff that was considered to be really cool in the early/mid 70s.
This was Winter with all the energy and vigour of a young man, who had not succumbed yet to the excesses that would later take their toll on him. It is a truly remarkable album and, having not listened to it for some time I was very pleasantly surprised at how well it has worn. there have been other albums by other artists that I loved in my youth but have found disappointing on returning to them. This album, in many ways, sounds even more impressive listening to it today.
Fortunately the experiment, of the title, is successful and any alarm bells that the "Progressive" may have rung can be dampened . This album is not celebrated widely enough it is really good and I urge you to buy it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again