Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 November 2001
I had already seen Antonio play live and been suitably impressed, "probably the best acoustic guitar player in the world", so when I Naim advised me this album was available I bought it at once. What a great decision! Forcione's playing is more reserved in general than on some of his albums, allowing Ms Sciubba's vocals to really take front stage and the album is the better for it. The guitar arrangements are perfect for the pieces,, subtle yet lacking none of the usual flair and virtuosity.
The songs themselves range from fun ballads through to the soul wrenchingly beautiful Caruso (of which I have 4 different versions, but this is the one which brings tears to my eyes).
I did go to the London Hifi show, just to hear the performance and wasn't disappointed.
Don't dither, just buy it.
on 19 July 2001
Before I bought this album I passed over an opportunity to see Antonio Forcione and Sabina Sciubba perform live (at a Hi-Fi show in London). I have been kicking myself ever since! This is about as fine a combination of acoustic guitar and female vocal as you are ever likely to find. It blends elements of Jazz, Blues, Brazillian and Italian influences with such subtlety and finesse that you sometimes wonder if you are dreaming. Sabina Sciubba's breathy rich tones blend and contrast to perfection with Forcione's dynamic rhythmic guitar-work. The recording, as you'd expect from the Naim label, is superb and the overall effect is exquisite. Since that time I have been lucky enough to see Antonio Forcione perform live 3 times - but never with a vocalist. Please, please, Antonio and Sabina - Encore!
on 19 April 2001
Antonio Forcione is without a doubt one of the most exciting guitar players around, and perfectly combined with Sabina Sciubba's smooth, unstrained voice, this album takes you through a mix of different cultural styles - Brazilian Jazz, Blues - there's even a Stevie Wonder cover on there (Visions). It makes you wonder why there isn't more of this kind of stuff about.
on 15 September 2013
This album has become one of my favourites and its down to Sabina's voice. The interplay between the two is amazing. Superbly put together this is a must have in any cd collection.
on 16 February 2012
A simply stunning CD. Production and mastering are astonishing. The performance is totally realistic. This CD justifies the point of the NAIM brand
on 19 November 2015
Most tracks are not as good as the excellent performance of "Mirror Mirror " on Touch Wood
on 19 December 2015
Great for late night listening
on 18 May 2016