4.0 out of 5 stars A fine album from Keb Mo, 30 Jun 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Just Like You (Audio CD)
Keb Mo is a talented and accomplished songwriter, singer, and musician, whose musical roots are firmly established in the blues without being limited or restricted by those roots in any way. This cd crosses over from blues and slightly touches on country to soul to pop in a very acceptable way. Keb's vocals are strong yet warm and smooth, whilst his acoustic and electric guitar playing is good yet never dominates the material. All the songs are written or co-written by Keb with the exception of Robert Johnson's 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down.' Listen to the feelgood track 'More Than One Way Home', or the very bluesy 'Standin' At The Station', and get the New Orleans feel of the trumpets and clarinet in 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down.' This cd won a Grammy award for Best Contemporary Blues Album. It doesn't surprise me! It gets my vote! Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of his best, 16 July 2006
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Just Like You (Audio CD)
This is probably one of Keb's best albums. It has his usual Robert Johnson influenced playing and great vocals. This album has some great blues and is very laid back. The title track is especially good and this album rates as one of my favourites of Kebs. A great place to start if your new to Keb Mo, or even if you're new to blues.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laid-back blues album, 1 Mar 2012
oldhasbeen (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Just Like You (Audio CD)
By far the best Keb Mo album I've heard. Not a duff track on it and several gems, e.g. "Perpetual Blues Machine", "Dangerous Mood" and "Standing at the Station." A lot of variety here too - some rockers mixed in with laid-back acoustic & electric blues, and a welcome guest appearance from Bonnie Raitt on one track.

Some decent lyrics too, Keb's not a man from the "my baby told me / woke up this morning" school of lyric writing. Highly recommended, especially for fans of Eric Bibb & Fruteland Jackson.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keb Mo, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Just Like You (Audio CD)
I bought this as a present for a friend after hearing it played in a shop. He liked it as it had variety of music.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent Artist, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: Just Like You (Audio CD)
I became aware of this artist when I saw him singing with Bonnie Raitt and I was very impressed and decided to buy this cd-I am very pleased I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars another great album, 17 April 2012
A. Wellman "disctone" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Just Like You (Audio CD)
I have 3 albums by this artist and love all of them.He is without a doubt a hidden gem.If you like simple blues this man will suit you.Every song is well produced but not overdone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky Blues., 4 Nov 2000
This review is from: Just Like You (Audio CD)
I wasn't really into Blues music until I was lucky enough to be given this album as a present. It's great, a real laid back easy to listen to album. Keb Mo has a great voice. When listening to it you feel as though you're in the deep south of the U S of A. This album will appeal to anyone who likes good quality cool music. A fine album. Buy it, you wont be disappointed. Track 5 'You Can Love Yourself' is one of my favourite songs of all time. Although the whole album is just great. Winner of 'Acoustic/Blues Album of the Year 1995', I don't think it's hard to see why.

4.0 out of 5 stars More Mo', 15 Aug 2014
This review is from: Just Like You (Audio CD)
As 'diffians might put it, I loves Mo'. Easy listening music to chill to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album I've bought in a long lomg time!, 21 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Just Like You (Audio CD)
Amazing, great, fabulous, wonderful, incredible, brilliant, damn good! I haven't been to sleep since buying this CD 6 weeks ago, it's that good! Buy it now, you know it makes sense.

Just Like You
Just Like You by Keb' Mo' (Audio CD - 1996)