5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting Ethereal Voices, Rhythms, and Melodies
Published on 28 July 2004 by Erika Borsos

1.0 out of 5 stars a no no for me
It wasnt what I expected. I just couldn't relax to this. there again I expect other people think its great. be a boring world if we all liked the same thing
Published 1 month ago by sandra jean carey

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting Ethereal Voices, Rhythms, and Melodies, 28 July 2004
This review is from: Boheme (Audio CD)
Deep Forest manages to make Marta Sebestyen sound even more evocative than she usually sounds ... her voice is soulful, poignant, piercingly tender and sincere. This CD is one nonstop experience of primarily Hungarian/Gypsy and Eastern European culture. It is made more enticing and alluring by the qualities Deep Forest brings forth with their creative imaginations -- they add unique beats and splendid vocalizations. They start with an original piece of music by the original artist, then intepret and expand the sound into haunting and ethereal dimensions. I can not say which is my favorite because the whole CD is one magnificent production of high quality and artistry. The traditional music of this region is combined with modern instruments which only makes the original sound even *more* visceral and earthy ... the root music takes hold of you!!! It does not let go. The unsuspecting listener becomes entranced by a traditionAL sound and an almost dying ancient culture ... fortunately it is being rediscovered and interpreted by musicians such as Deep Forest. I love the cover, the falling orange leaves and the "psi" symbol. The sunlight being filtered through the fog is such an appropriate and absolutely well targeted symbol of the musical contents. Erika Borsos (bakonyvilla)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great rediscovery, 31 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Boheme (Audio CD)
Deep Forest were the first 'band' that I ever had on cassette, and whilst browsing through a music store in the streets of Hanoi, Vietnam, I came across Boheme. As the CD cost little over 50p I decided to buy it, and I haven't looked back since then.
'Boheme' is one of those albums that can quite easily remain in your CD player for weeks on end, truly beautiful.
If you are toying with the idea of buying it - just do it - and like me, you won't look back!

4.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, if you like this kind of thing..., 5 Jun 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Boheme (Audio CD)
This is a very good CD, though like Deep Forest's earlier work, it helps if you like this genre of music since it is a little strange, and you might not like it straight away. I had to listen to it several times before I got to like it, though over the years I have grown MORE fond of it. "Boheme" retains many of the sounds and feel of the previous album, but, this time round substitutes African influences with eastern European and particularly Gypsy ones. I found the first album a little downbeat, and "Boheme" also comes across as downbeat. Those who prefer more upbeat stuff should check out Deep Forest III: Comparsa. I should mention: one of the tracks on "Boheme" sounds awful; like a toothless man trying to sing. Some other good tracks are occasionally marred by excessively weird sounds or voices. Overall, though, I like this album, but I think it helps if you like this kind of music...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very much in the vogue of Enigma, with haunting melodies, 14 May 2000
This review is from: Boheme (Audio CD)
This is an album that grows on you.Not immediately obvious on the first play, it has some haunting tunes, and wonderful production. I have recently played the CD after a break of some 18months, and have been totally engrossed in the chanting and rythmic beats of the music.A far better album than World Mix,featuring some wonderful solos, great voices, and haunting melodies to hold your attention from start to finish. A must for Enigma lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars are not enough, 27 Jan 2008
Boof (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Boheme (Audio CD)
After having fallen completely in love with Deep Forest's first album I just knew that I wouldn't go wrong with this.

This time all the songs are from Eastern Europe, folk/gypsy songs and actually have the original artists on them with Deep Forests interpretation of the music as a back up. The result is enchanting, soothing, haunting and just beautiful. This is one band that I never tire of and can listen to over and over again. If you have never heard Deep Forest before please treat yourself to a copy; I can't recommend highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 24 Jan 2012
This review is from: Boheme (Audio CD)
I have used Amazon for over ten years and have never written a review before, but this CD is so exceptional, I found the motivation!
I loved the mixture of rhythms, traditional instruments fused with modern sound, and beautiful, earthy voices. I view it as one of my best purchases and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!!, 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: Boheme (Audio CD)
one of the best albums ever made! chilled out, uplifting,amazing voices, especially Marta Sebestyn just beautiful! everyone should have it in their cd collection!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not that fond of Deep Forest but ..., 25 Aug 2008
This review is from: Boheme (Audio CD)
Not that fond of Deep Forest but I have enjoyed listening to this album since it came out. I really didn't like Deep Forest's original album as I found it too cliche but this I can cope with quite well. It's really easy to listen to and the singing voices and chants are well put together with the rest of the music. There are some really good tunes on here and all in all it's pretty well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting music, 19 Dec 2007
This review is from: Boheme (Audio CD)
This is such a beautiful mix of world music that touches the heart again and again. It is like an odyssey to various cultures, but it is flowing and kept harmonious. Very soothing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep forest, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Boheme (Audio CD)
Great album. Good service.

Boheme
Boheme by Deep Forest (Audio CD - 2000)