4.0 out of 5 stars Another good effort from Art., 20 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Breakeaway (Audio CD)
This album further enhanced Art Garfunkel's reputation as a solo artiste and showed what he could do independently of Paul Simon.It contains the huge hit 'I Only Have Eyes For You' and also many fine other tracks,including my own personal favourite 'Looking For The Right One'.Paul makes an appearance on their only joint song since they split 'My Little Town'.A very good buy at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breakaway, 11 Oct 2012
Miss M. Potter "marcia" (england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Breakaway (Audio CD)
The second album From Art Garfunkel is called Breakaway. It is a really good album. This time the Producer was Richard Perry. The title track was already made famous by Gallagher and Lyle and other songwriters on this album include Stephen Bishop, Albert Hammond and Hal David, Bruce Johnston, Stevie wonder and Yvonne Wright.
Another notable thing about this great album is the single "I only have eyes for you" which was a cover version of an old song by Al Dubin and Harry Warren. This went to number one in the UK single charts
Finally there is the reunion duet "My little Town" an American hit single written by Paul Simon. It is the first new Simon and Garfunkel track since the live recordings on the Greatest Hits of Simon and Garfunkel.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality Art..., 3 Nov 2009
This review is from: Breakeaway (Audio CD)
A fantastic album, steeped from beginning to end in top-notch session musicianship, high-quality "L.A." production and great songs. The only vaguely duff track is the slightly whiney "Looking For the Right One", but all the others are perfectly tailored to suit Art's effortless, angelic tenor.

Standout tracks - a brilliant cover of the Beach Boys' hymn to a remembered 1950s youthful American ideal "Disney Girls", a quite breathtaking vocal performance on the old classic "I Only Have Eyes for You" (if the finale doesn't bring a lump to your throat, you're probably made of wood) and "My Little Town", which gives the listener a clue as to what Simon and Garfunkel might have produced had they stayed together.

Very, very highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars The album is just fabulous!, 21 Dec 2012
This review is from: Breakeaway [Clean] (MP3 Download)
The album is fabulous.....lovely mellow music that takes me back to my youth! The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is that the name of the album is spelled incorrectly (it should read 'Breakaway') and I found that rather annoying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for Mr. Garfunkel!!!!, 25 July 2006
This review is from: Breakeaway (Audio CD)
It's one of the best in my collection. Art Garfunkel has only gotten better! I think Breakaway proves my point. I know it was produced sometime last century, but it's still one of my favorites. I would recommend this work of art to anyone, especially those connoisseurs of excellent music. As a matter of fact, I'm purchasing another copy because my other one somehow got ruined. I almost had a breakdown till I discovered that Amazon had a copy. Thank you Amazon! You brightened up my day!

Sincerely, Warren Heyne (Skip)

5.0 out of 5 stars An oldie but a goodie!, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Breakeaway (Audio CD)
This album shows Art Garfunkel at his best; the music is timeless. The more I played it the more I liked it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breakeaway, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Breakeaway (Audio CD)
I love this Album some of the songs are soft and haunting as only Art Garfunkle can do , a nice trip back in time

5.0 out of 5 stars An Old friend, 16 Dec 2012
This review is from: Breakeaway [Clean] (MP3 Download)
I lost my original CD some time ago, but didn't realise I had for some time, so I was really pleased to download a copy at such a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garfunkel CD, 23 Oct 2010
This review is from: Breakeaway (Audio CD)
Breakaway is Art Garfunkel at his very best - what a superb voice. Most of the songs are strong, including the title track and Disney Girls, where Art certainly matches Bruce Johnson, who wrote the song for the Beach Boys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically sung with great backing, 28 Feb 2010
Mr. GF Settle (Cheshire,UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Breakeaway (Audio CD)
I bought this CD at a bargain price many years ago and I still love playing it. It's proved to be a real bargain.

Art's singing is outstanding on this CD and beautifully complimented by some wonderful musicians, arrangement and production. He puts his stamp on the famous tracks from with great effect and there is even one with Paul Simon.

He manages a haunting rendition of '99 Miles from LA' and a very good version of Gallagher & Lyle's `Break Away' for the title track.

Even after all these years the CD still stands the test of time, it's as fresh now as it was then.

ARRAY(0xb61c9a08)

Breakeaway
Breakeaway by Art Garfunkel (Audio CD - 1997)