5.0 out of 5 stars A children's classic not known enough in America
This CD of the Howard Blake music for the Raymond Briggs classic story "The Snowman" should be in every child's collection of favorite music. The main theme is hauntingly beautiful and could create a mood for any child's creative daydreaming. The double bonus of the music alone, or the narrated version that is offered on the CD will whet your appetite for the...
Published on 30 Nov 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars The snowman
very disappointed - this was my fault as I thougth this was the DVD i had ordered - music and story good
Published 23 months ago by Lorna

5.0 out of 5 stars A true Christmas classic, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Snowman (Audio CD)
I chose the 5 star rating because the Snowman is a Christmas Classic that everyone can enjoy. I was delighted when my CD arrived and I found that a small book was included. This is a must for all Christmas lovers (even if your children have flown the nest).
Delivery and packaging were excellent so I am very happy with my purchase and shopping experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Magic!, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Snowman (Audio CD)
The family never tire of this wonderful film. My grandchildren would watch it all year round if I let them.
They borrowed my copy last year so I have replaced it ready for Christmas when I know they will ask for it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars walking in the air, 26 May 2013
This review is from: The Snowman (Audio CD)
the snowman is one of my all time favourite films, watch it every year. so i'm so pleased to get it in audio form. you can either listen to it being read out by Bernard cribs or just listen to the non speaking version which is just the film being played with no words, just the music. everybody who has seen the films knows the part when the snowman is about to take off and the music breaks out into walking in the air. lovely!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic item, classic, timeless brilliance, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Snowman (Audio CD)
Lovely story and music from the original snowman file, narrated by Bernard Cribbins. My children love it and its classic enough for me to enjoy listening as well. Essential bedtime listening

5.0 out of 5 stars the snowman, 25 Dec 2012
KDB (manchester england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snowman (MP3 Download)
this is a unique story and soundtrack that has become a standard, and one that you can watch and listen to again and again.every family should have this in their collection.
kdb.

5.0 out of 5 stars the snowman, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Snowman (Audio CD)
It was nice to recapture your youth and the narration from Bernard Cribbins was a treat to sit back and dream.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied of Malestroit, 7 Jan 2012
Surely everyone's favourite Christmas fantasy. James Nesbitt lends a new twist to the narration. Thoroughly enjoyable. I just love it and listen to it over and over!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Music for Xmas!, 27 Dec 2010
R. Beckles (Wilts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snowman (Audio CD)
The Snowman is a timeless classic and should be on every childs' Xmas list. We saw the show at the Peacock Theatre in London and had to get the sound tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 24 Nov 2010
T. Milnthorpe "pipkiin3" (W-S-M) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snowman, the (Audio CD)
I recently lost my old cassette version of Bernard Cribbins' reading, and it was a treat to find that it was still available as a CD. Great sound quality and a fantastic story, read by a very able narrator whose voice manages to ride the music effortlessly. A must for listening on Christmas Eve. Some younger children may find it upsetting at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quintessentially British, 6 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Snowman (Audio CD)
For the last few years i've been building up a collection of Christmas cds to put the family in mood. I must say that this is my favourite up to now. I'm 43 years young and can remember when this first came out. At the time i did not appreciate it's beauty and charm. Now that i'm older and wiser and no doubt a lot more sentimental i absolutely love it. It makes the perfect background music for pottering around the house and really puts you in the mood. It's only the 6th December and i've listened to it 3 times already and this will probably rise to about 10 by Christmas Day.

The Snowman is one of those things that reminds me of when i was proud to be British before we forgot what it means be British. I can heartily recommend it to anyone who has children and any adult who wants to feel like a child again.

The Snowman
The Snowman by Howard Blake (Audio CD - 2005)