4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Bright and cheery, well made CD.
What more is there to say? The songs are bursting with energy, the accompaniment is good (real musical instruments, not horrible electronic music), the songs are well and clearly sung... A great buy!
Published on 22 Jan 2006 by Katia Saint-peron

2.0 out of 5 stars Grating!
The musical instruments on this CD are mainly an accordian and a guitar which gives it a very folky sound. The vocals are mostly sung by a male singer who sounds like a cross between Rolf Harris and a corny pub singer - and when he puts on his mockney accent - it all gets too much! I have previously bought a CD from M&S (Playground Songs and Rhymes) which is beautiful...
Published on 21 Feb 2006 by deepjoy3

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Bright and cheery, well made CD., 22 Jan 2006
Katia Saint-peron "saintkats" (Vals les Bains, France) - See all my reviews
The only thing I regret is that the lyrics have not been printed out. OK, so they are classics, but it would still be good to have the words to sing along to. As I want to do printouts for my ESL classes, I've had to find the lyrics myself and check they matched the CD version, which has been a drag. For all those interested in the original lyrics and especially the (sometimes gory) origins of our beloved nursery rhymes, I strongly recommend you check out the following website: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific compilation - great singing, bearable for adults!, 24 May 2003
This is a truly excellent CD of nursery rhymes for children. The singers have great voices and the musical backing for each song is varied and well thought-through. Our 2-year-old loves every minute of it, and we find we can tolerate hearing it over and over again without the sort of pain you get with most song compilations for children. There are 40 songs so it lasts a long time, making it great value for money. We strongly recommend it - especially to anyone making long car trips with children!

5.0 out of 5 stars Imaginative and varied, 4 May 2006
N. Bowley (UK) - See all my reviews
I am extremely picky about music CDs and DVDs for children, perhaps as I am a musician myself, but we've been listening to this CD for over a year and have not got sick of it. The instrumentation is varied, as are the pacing and the styles of the songs. The sound quality is nice and natural and the performances spirited and fun. I would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD!, 16 Mar 2004
I ordered this CD for my 2 year old daughter, and it hasn't been out of the CD player since it arrived.
All the favourite kiddies nursery rhymes are here, all sung very well..and with proper English accents rather than American!
Unfortunatly Amazon do not contain a track listing, but just do a google search on B0000256JC as it is listed on plenty of websites :-)
Buy this title with confidence. You, or rather your Children, will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 15 Dec 2005
Douglas A. Snowden "Dirkster" (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
Simply put, this CD is enjoyable for your child, bearable with repetition for the parents, and composed professionally. Accents are British sounding, and the recording is good enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 18 Mar 2005
Michelle (N Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
It is indeed a brilliant CD. I was a bit wary in case the songs got annoying but I loved it more than my son. It was amazing how all the words came flooding back from when I was little. I was singing along in no time. Well worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Traditional Rendition, 11 Jan 2000
This review is from: 40 Favourite Nursery Rhymes (Audio CD)
I wanted a collection of nursery rhymes in traditional rendition preferably on CD (I hate tapes of any sort)for my kids whom I raise as bilinguals (Russian and British English). I spent a lot of time sorting through everything that is listed in this category online (mainly trying to avoid American English renditions) and ordering a few items here and there, but remained unsatisfied until I hit pay dirt with this title. It is an excellent traditional rendition: the vocals are fine (mostly male, with a sprinkling of female and children's leads, presenting a nice assortment of voices), the sound mix is very good. The only drawback I can list is the absence of a booklet with lyrics, which would have made it easier to sing along.

5.0 out of 5 stars About time!, 7 July 2008
N. Higginson "N.H" (uk) - See all my reviews
This is the 4th Cd I've bought for baby - and about time I got one this appropriate. Fantastically normal - not folky, operatic or weirdly modern - sung by normal voices with a bit of character for each song. Listened to it loads already and still not annoyed in the slightest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed smiles, 2 Feb 2004
By A Customer
My two-year old niece can't stop dancing when we play this CD - it's the one way to guarantee a smile and to keep tantrums at bay. Luckily the songs are short and easy to listen to, so adults are able to tolerate it too. I've even heard a few singing along! We now find that we need to buy copies for home, for the car, for the childminders...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Nursery Rhyme CD, 6 July 2008
Ms. Charlotte Balcombe (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This CD is a really good one! The nursery rhymes are sung in full by people that can sing and with good music background. My 16 month old daughter has been listening to it since she was born and now joins in by singing along! It's worth getting for long car journeys, babies and kids will love it and its not too annoying for parents either!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

40 Favourite Nursery Rhymes
40 Favourite Nursery Rhymes by Various Artists (Audio CD - 1999)
Click for more info