5.0 out of 5 stars Back in time to 1989
Published on 30 April 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice trip down memory lane but only an average album
I was 16 when the 'Madchester' scene first kicked off and this period coincided with my introduction into enjoying music. Subsequently this period in music history has a permanent place in my heart.

Published on 16 May 2009 by N. Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Back in time to 1989, 30 April 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Life (Audio CD)
This is one of the three albums that helped make Manchester such an exciting place to be back in 1989/90. For anyone like me whose Saturdays were spent down Affleks Palace and nights in Dry201, with trips to Spike Island and G-Mex thrown in, this album takes you right back there. I lost the album but re-purchasing it was a very good idea. Do the same and relive those heady days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Manchester classic!, 7 Dec 2009
This review is from: Life (Audio CD)
For some bizarre reason most of my music collection is either from Manchester or was influenced by the Madchester scene(Oasis,Joy Division,Happy Mondays, New Order,Stone Roses,Charaltans, Buzzcocks I could go on)

On listiening to this album when I got it straight away after listiening I knew this was an album that you could listien to start to finish like Happy Mondays Pill thrills...,New Order's Techneque and the Jam's All Mod cons and when it finishes you want to cry out for more.

Songs which impressed me Directing Traffik, Bedside me and Many happy returns(those two being the heavyweights on the album)Sun don't shine, Inside my head and finally Move.

Well recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars The Carpets MOO, 18 July 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Life (Audio CD)
Life is one of the definative albums of the early 90's. They really illustrate to me all that the Manchester scene of that time was. It is no coincidence that a certain Gallagher learnt his craft in the Carpets camp, and then thus went on to great things. Also the best live band ever! Are the animal noises after Sackville, Clints bedroom?

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice trip down memory lane but only an average album, 16 May 2009
N. Thompson "Beaker" (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life (Audio CD)

The Inspiral Carpets were one of the better bands to come out of the 'baggy' scene but this debut album in nothing special. There are 3 or 4 decent tracks but the majority seems to be of a poor standard. Still the good tracks such as the excellent 'This is How it Feels' makes this album worth a purchase.

IF you want a great Inspiral Carpets album; I would suggest buying the follow-up 'Beast Inside' album. This debut album however is not as good but still enjoyable for aging indie-dudes like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiral Carpets Life, 13 Jan 2012
S. NAKONECZNYJ (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Life (Audio CD)
Very pleased with this...haven't heard much Inspiral Carpets music before and as I am going to see them in concert in March have decided to buy their albums so I will be word perfect by then;) Loved it!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 23 Jun 2007
This review is from: Life (Audio CD)
being a student during the 'madchester' era, I was very into the scene. But for some reason the inspiral carpets never did it for me. I bought this album on the strength of the great single 'this is how it feels' and it is a great song, but really the rest of the album felt a bit hollow and empty. There were many other bands around at the time who were less well known but came out with great songs, such as the Mock Turtles , Paris Angels, Cygnet Ring etc, whereas for me this album turned the Inspirals into a 'one hit wonder' band.

Life
Life by Inspiral Carpets (Audio CD - 1990)