Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 29 November 2011
Tracks included:

1. Maggie's Remedy
2. Why Don't Women Like Me?
3. With My Ukelele In My Hand
4. When I'm Cleaning Windows
5. Chinese Laundry Blues
6. Leaning On A Lampost
7. With My Little Stick Of Blackpool Rock
8. Swimmin' With The Wimmin'
9. Mother What'll I Do Now?
10. In My Little Snapshot Album
16. Sitting On The Ice In The Icerink
17. I Told My Baby With The Ukelele
18. It's Turned Out Nice Again
19. Sitting On The Sands All Night
20. The Window Cleaner (No.2)
21. Hi Tiddley Hi Ti Island
22. Bless 'Em All
on 19 November 2010
Bought for a friend, I made a copy of this for myself, and have enjoyed it very much. It has all George Formby's best known numbers played in his inimitable way and is full of the naughty "double-entende" for which he was famous.
on 30 June 2010
a nostalgic trip down memory lane (don't let that put you off)with lyrics so risque you wonder how he got away with it,you can't help singing along and smiling at the same time.even if you only play it once it's worth the money.
on 22 March 2009
I have always found George Formby a bit of fun, and this CD is a great tribute to him. It contains all his best songs, and this is guaranteed to make you feel a lot better about life-George lives on!
I've always thought that George Formby gets a wholly undeserved bad press in a modern world that considers his work unsophisticated and risible. It's a shame because if you listen to his music, you discover a clever performer with a gift for double-entendres and witty observation. Indeed, some of his lyrics make me laugh out loud, they're so near the knuckle. How about:

"And I've got a picture of a nudist camp, in my little snapshot album,
All very jolly but a trifle damp, in my little snapshot album.
There's Uncle Dick without a care, discarding all his underwear,
But his watch and chain still dangle there, in my little snapshot album."

Formby, and many of his contemporaries, are a breath of fresh air in the modern world where music is self-focused and introspective to the point of tedium. This collection of songs is fun, plain and simple, designed to make the listener laugh and sing along. Comedic songs like these are out of fashion and more's the pity, I say. I'm happy to have an unfashionable collection of cd's, including this one, which always give me a smile when I listen to them.
on 18 January 2012
This is such a happy sing-a-long CD that I can't stop playing it. I have to listen to it at least once a day. Much is made of double entrendes in the lyrics, but they are mild and so funny, nothing to take offence at. I have now ordered the box set of 5 CDs and look forward to listening to lots more of George. I have to add that I also love the short spurts of the ukele playing, could become quite a fan of the ukele!
on 1 April 2011
Excellent. Really cheered me up. Evoked so many memories of when I was a kid in the 1950s and used to watch George Formby films on the black and white fuzzy telly and listen to him on the 'wireless'; oh, the innocent days. When I'm down I'll just stick this on the CD player ...
on 6 May 2011
All this stuff is way before my time. But, it doesn't matter a jot!

Great tunes and some cheeky innuendo have an ageless attraction.

Recommended for all ages.
on 3 February 2001
If you like George Formby, you are going to like this album. All his hits are here: When I'm cleaning Windows to Mr Woo.
on 5 November 2013
I have to say I am 21 and I love these types of music.
I bought this for me and my friend to listen to while we drove to work as we caught each other singing ''leaning on my lamp post''
I have to say it is certainly worth the money, I've listened to it several times, George Formby's songs are easy listening, fun and catchy and I have good memories of my grandparents/parents while listening to them.

Definitely worth the money and gives a good, upbeat start to the day