5.0 out of 5 stars So romantic yet edgy
I'll be honest, I haven't listened to the 2nd R&J album released, as this one does it all for me - makes me laugh (You & Me Son), cry (Little Star, if listened to when feeling a bit blue), makes me dance round the room when getting ready ((Young Hearts Run Free), but most of all, makes me remember a fanastic film.
Published on 14 April 2003 by L. Murphy

3.0 out of 5 stars Love this film.
Loved the music in this film and the CD has all the music from it. Baz Luhrman is a genius when it comes to music in films and this movie is a prime example of that. If you enjoy other works of Baz's such as 'Australia', 'Moulin Rouge' or 'The Great Gatsby' (2013) Then I would recommend at least watching this film if not buying this CD.
Published 11 months ago by Kerry Winstanley

5.0 out of 5 stars So romantic yet edgy, 14 April 2003
L. Murphy (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST SOUNDRACK THERE IS, 9 Jan 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Romeo And Juliet (Audio CD)
This soundrack is just as fantastic as the film. It is superbly arranged to have a balance of different styles of music. There is not one song that anybody has ever said they disliked, even people who bought the cd for the indie songs from radio head and garbage (some of their best work in my opinion) , still adore the wonderful tracks everybodys free and little star. I cannot sell it enough but it is one of the best cds I have come across and as I buy alot of soundracks I can safely say this is one of the greatest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn good, 10 Mar 2006
Mr. T. K. Vu (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Romeo And Juliet (Audio CD)
I haven't been a big motion soundtrack album kinda guy. Usually where i like the movie, I find some movie albums have a few good songs along with some 'filler' rubbish in between.
From the rebelius first tracks of 'Crush'and 'Local God', to the chilled 'Angel' and then on to the fantastic moving ballad by Des'ree and of course the great and catchy 'Lovefool'. This album takes you through the rebel, the party, the confusion, the care-free, the poignancy and leaves you contented at the end with 'you and me'.
Every track seems to capture the feeling of the movie. I found 'Talk show host' as become my favourite track amongst a collection of great ones.
I've had this album for 5 years and it is one that grows and never seems to get tiresome after all this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best movie soundtracks of the last 10 years, 13 April 2003
This review is from: Romeo And Juliet (Audio CD)
I never get tired of listening to the Romeo & Juliet soundtrack (1). I have the other soundtrack, too, and it's cool for the short bits of trance on it but the first soundtrack is far superior. It is an immenently listenable sample of the alternative pop-rock of the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of variety but one class soundtrack, 23 May 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Romeo And Juliet (Audio CD)
I think this is definitely one of the best soundtracks to a film you can get because it's just got everything, and just about every track is alluring in its own way. It's mostly indie and rock but with extra bits thrown in, including a love theme and a few pop songs. Quite a hard one to describe because of the variety but it's highly-charged, has lots of character and if you like the film you should buy it without hesitation!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful soundtrack, 5 Feb 2006
Kp Cowie "T Cowie" (Pembrokeshire, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Romeo And Juliet (Audio CD)
I love it, I love it. There, that is how you describe this album. The songs: brilliant, mine being number 9 and 10, where the kissing you instrumental gives me goosepimples right down me back. though i sometimes find the voice overs irratating, it gives the soundtrack its charm and uniqueness. this cd is amazing! honestly! 5/5 no doubt

3.0 out of 5 stars Love this film., 25 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Soundtrack heavon, 18 Oct 2003
This review is from: Romeo And Juliet (Audio CD)
This soundtrack is one of those classics that you come back to again and again and never tire. You can forget having to fast forward poor tracks - just let it play from start to finish. And i can even say my enjoyment of it is not clouded by over-sentimentality over the film!

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing soundtrack, 22 Mar 2003
This review is from: Romeo And Juliet (Audio CD)
This soundtrack rocks! If you enjoied the film as much as i did then this is definatly a must buy! The songs are absolutely brilliant and "Kissing you" by Des'ree will bring back all the deep emotional feelings you witnessed if you saw the film. Also, if you havnt seen the film i recomend watching it as it will help you apprechate this amazing soundtrack even more :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Romeo And Juliet (Audio CD)
Perfect film, arrived on time

Romeo And Juliet
Romeo And Juliet by Romeo & Juliet (Related Recordings) (Audio CD - 1997)