5.0 out of 5 stars Bring it on
Published on 19 Aug 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning: don't buy this CD for "My Baby Just Cares For Me"
Very much agree with the previous reviewer. The version of "My Baby Just Cares For Me" on this CD is not the well-known, uplifting, bouncy version we all know and love, but an inferior version. Disappointing.
Published on 23 Aug 2006 by H. Johns

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring it on, 19 Aug 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Feeling Good (Audio CD)
I wont claim to be the biggest nina simone fan in the world, but this particular album has to be without a doubt fantastic. I have checked out probably a dozen or so cds (a couple compilation) and this has to be the best. I have been listening to this cd with some regularity for the past 6 years or so now and it still never fails to supply. Sunday mornings, rainy afternoons, drunken return home with the mates, a few songs even thrown on at a party or two. ("love me or leave me" will always be remembered for getting twelve people on the coffee table)
From the shreiking of mississippi god-damn to the beauty of ne me quitte pas... you`ll be spending your money wisely on this gem. yeahwarren@hotmail.com

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Tracks, but not quite right!, 21 May 2001
This review is from: Feeling Good (Audio CD)
Having watched "The Assassin" movie starring Bridgit Fonda, which heavily features Nina Simone music, I went out and bought this CD. The first track "Feeling Good" makes the purchase price worthwhile by itself. It's a truely remarkable, spine-tingling song that should be your wake-up tune every morning, and will make you feel good about the day.
Along with the classic tracks "I put a spell on You" and "Don't let me be misunderstood", is one I didn't recognise by name, "Sinner Man", but found I knew very well and liked from hearing on TV.
So why only 4 stars. "My baby just cares for me" is probably the best known song Nina has recorded, and a favourite for many people. But the version included here has a sparse arrangement and sounds like a sleepy jazz trio, rather than the upbeat full sound of the version most people will recognise. This is a great CD, but if you buy it, you are going to have to buy another too to get the best version of this song

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning: don't buy this CD for "My Baby Just Cares For Me", 23 Aug 2006
H. Johns "helenjohns" (London) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, 7 July 2014
Love, love, love!

5.0 out of 5 stars best album of nina somone, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Feeling Good (Audio CD)
needed to replace my scratch one ,very very good price and in perfect order ,glad it came yesterday before my hols start.good service and always is ,recommend this seller highly. cd case perfect too.ery pleased

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Nina, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Feeling Good (Audio CD)
I love Nina Simone. I bought this CD to replace a much loved, well-played cassette of the same name that I had years ago. Sadly this wasn't the same despite having the same cover and name. Nostalgia aside, it's a wonderful collection and I can't say I'm hugely disappointed that it wasn't exactly the same as my old cassette.

I see some people complaining that 'My Baby Just Cares For Me' isn't the same recording as the one they are used to. They are right, the one on this cd is a live version. Live versions are quite different to studio recorded ones. I didn't buy this cd for that particular track (it's never been a favourite of mine anyway) but I can understand some people being disappointed that this wasn't the version they were expecting. I also think it's wrong to include a lesser known version of a well known song on a "Best of" album. I knocked one star of for this reason - a criticism of the producers of this cd rather than the song itself.

I personally love all the wonderful imperfections you get when Nina sings live. Although I can't say I particularly enjoyed this version of My Baby Just Cares For Me. (Anyone heard her sing "For a While"? Completely heartbreaking. Completely beautiful. Live and imperfect. Much better than the studio version).

4.0 out of 5 stars Some brilliance, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Feeling Good (Audio CD)
I love many of these songs, she had such a brilliant voice, full of strength and emotion but others leave me indifferent.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great selection of the artist, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: Feeling Good (Audio CD)
All 20 tracks have a special feel. My favourites " if you go away", "Mississippi god daddam", I love you porgy, sinnerman, Mood indigo........the rest are juust great

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeling Good, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Feeling Good (Audio CD)
I LOVE Nina Simone, say no more. I am filling in space as I'm being told how many words I have to write - Done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Świetna, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Feeling Good (Audio CD)
Bardzo dobra płyta .Nina Simone w najlepszym wydaniu. Gorąco polecam wszystkim którzy lubią posłuchać dobrej muzyki
i jeszcze lepszego wokalu.

Feeling Good
Feeling Good by Nina Simone (Audio CD - 1998)