5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic summer music
Published on 17 Aug 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Gipsy Kings
Its lively to listen to Had it on in background. Dont regret buying it Some good tunes. Give it a whirl
Published 11 months ago by valerie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic summer music, 17 Aug 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Gipsy Kings (Audio CD)
This CD is the best way to get in the mood for summer parties and barbecues! It has upbeat songs - such as the well-known "Bamboleo" and "Bem, Bem Maria" - as well as slightly more relaxed ones like "A Mi Manera" (a Spanish version of Frank Sinatra's "My Way" - great!) and "Inspiration". The guitar-playing is, naturally, top-notch, and I really can't fault the CD at all - except it makes me want to go on holiday!
So make the most of when it's hot - have a barbecue, have some sangria and have this CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars TRUE ROMANI ROYALS, 10 Feb 2011
DOPPLEGANGER (TEDDY B) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gipsy Kings (Audio CD)
The Gypsy Kings are a group of musicians from Arles and Montpellier, France, who perform in Spanish with accent from Andalucia. Whilst group members were born in France,their parents were mostly gitanos, Spanish Romani people who fled Catalonia during the 1930s Spanish Civil War. They are famous for bringing Rumba Catalana, a Pop-Orientated music distantly derived from traditional flamenco music, to worldwide audiences. Their music has been described as a place where "Spanish flamenco and Romani rhapsody meet salsa funk".

The "Gypsy Kings" album was released in 1988, and on it the band produce a truly pulsating, mesmeric style of music with 'haunting', nasally, strong vocals which together creates an exhilarating audio experience quite unlike any other band.

All tracks are of a high standard with notables being "Bamboleo", "Tu Quieres Volver", "Un Amor" (a slow melodic love song), "Quiero Saber" (with the most exquisite guitar playing), and "A Mi Manera" ( Paul Anka's 'My Way' made famous by Frank Sinatra, and laterly Sid Vicious, although on balance I think I prefer The Gypsy Kings version.) Also worth mentioning are four instrumental only tracks, "Moorea", "Inspiration", "Faena", and "Duende", that contain some of the most rhythmic, spanish guitar led music it has ever been my pleasure to listen to.

This album will not disappoint, lighten your hearts and be ideal for that romantic intimate candlelit 'dinner-a-deux' that you were planning for you and your sweetheart, complete with 'takeaway chicken balti' and chips, on Valentine Night or other such occasion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 Feb 2008
Boof (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gipsy Kings (Audio CD)
This is the first CD I ever bought (back in the day when we upgraded from cassettes and thought we were really cutting edge) and it still remains a firm favourtie to this day. I love every single one of the tracks on the CD and it is really rare for me to say that (there's usually at least 2 or 3 that I consider "fillers" on every album I own).

This is such an uplifting album; songs like Bomboleo can't fail to have you dancing round the room and the slower ones like Un Amor are so chilled out - they're all such a tonic to listen to. The guitars and the singing are amazing. Like the last reviewer said, it makes you want to go on holiday - but if like me you still have a few more months in the grey and gloom that is Blighty before holiday season, then this CD can't fail to lift your spirits for a few hours.

I highly recommend this album and I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best collection of their work, 14 April 2012
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Gipsy Kings (Audio CD)
I had listened to this album on several CD players and always enjoyed it.

I have since copied it onto a Cowon C7 media player that I bought last year and, in listening to it once more, I have found and heard elements in the recording that were not previously heard! It was almost like I was hearing it for the first time!.

Some tracks are excellent as party music and it is a thoroughly enjoyable listening experience.

Although now rather old, it remains a very good example of their work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Yay!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Gipsy Kings (Audio CD)
I love the energy of the gipsies. Every cd is a ready made pep up, ideal when you need a little cheering up. Full of vim and vigour.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gipsy Kings, 2 Aug 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars music, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Gipsy Kings (Audio CD)
I made a mistake as it was a different artist I was after so this was my reason for returning this item

5.0 out of 5 stars Gipsy Kings, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Gipsy Kings (Audio CD)
Purchased for gifts for friends - not listened to myself but knew it was something they liked. cannot comment further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 21 Mar 2009
Deborah R (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gipsy Kings (Audio CD)
This CD is maravilloso if you speak the lingo....full of mostly upbeat tunes accompanied by wonderful guitar sounds....well worth buying!

Gipsy Kings
Gipsy Kings by Gipsy Kings (Audio CD - 1993)