Price:£1.00+ £1.26 shipping

on 22 December 2004
I used to see Jason virtually every Sunday in Harrogate over a period of 10 years before he left for the States. Our loss is their gain but this album 'I Thought The Moon Was Meant For Me' (Live in the Blues Bar) and 'Fish On The Moon' (an earlier studio album) keep me happy and I can't wait to see him again when he comes home for Christmas 2004. His voice, so expressive and plaintive, makes even the hardest hearts melt, his words so poetic that you feel every one of them. The songs have been crafted by a magician, made in Yorkshire and you will enjoy them.
on 21 March 2000
This guy is a fantastic songwriter with a great voice and strong personality that shines through this live recording from the Blues Bar in Harrogate, England. Why Jason hasn't achieved higher recognition is beyond me but anybody who has seen him play live will know that he never disappoints in his own shambolic way.
Stand out tracks include Let It Be Summer and Angels.
Buy this, you won't be disappointed.
on 22 December 2003
There are not enough synonyms to describe how good this is. I have seen Jason live twice and both times have been blown away by the elegance and brilliant simplicity of his songs. It is the sign of a truly great performer that they sound as good on stage as on CD, and this is testament to that talent. His grainy voice is dripping with the kind of soul Mick Hucknall can only dream of and his lyrics are sentimental, honest and instantly memorable. He is one of British music's truly hidden treasures and you will not regret buying this.
on 11 November 2002
This CD has been worn thin by hours of use. A truly fantastic artist with songs that rip right to your soul. The style and energy of the performace is only suppased by one event, seeing Jason perferm Live. I could not reccomend this Artist enough.
on 13 October 2002
As the title suggests, `we need more of this sort of thing'. Unlike the previous reviewer I have a steering towards Even the Rain and Kicking up the Pavements; though to be fair no one song shines too much above another.
I can be heard screaming along to `I depend on you' when driving, I can lose myself in `no faith' and `all that you do to me'. The whole album is too good to ever be belittled by reaching the top of charts; it is clearly an album for discerning adults.
For those wanting melancholy tunes, in an effort to indulge in their own self pity, listen to this, you will realise how much joy can be gained from this sort of self indulgence. I am never so happy as when I am miserable and this sets the mood beautifully.
It would be nice for more to learn of this artist. Do go and buy; it has been one of my best investments.