Format: Audio CD|Change

This compilation was released in 1997 and contains all their big hits up to that point, as well as containing some songs that were new at the time. I became a fan of Brooks and Dunn from their very first album, represented here by five songs, all of them huge hits and four of which went to number one on the country charts. The five songs were Brand new man, Boot scooting boogie, Neon moon, Lost and found and My next broken heart.
Just about any song from that debut album could have been a single, something that was also true of their second album. It is also represented by five songs, these being Hard working man, That ain't no way to go, Rock my world (little country girl), We'll burn that bridge and She used to be mine. Again, they were all huge country hits.
Their third album was generally mellower, with more ballads and fewer up-tempo songs. While it was not what I expected at the time, it was a good move on their part to be a little different. Four tracks from that album are included here, all huge hits. These were You're gonna miss me when I'm gone, She's not the cheating kind, Whiskey under the bridge and Little Miss Honky-tonk.
Just two tracks represent their fourth album (My Maria and Mama don't get dressed up for nothing), but there were more than two hits so the others could be included on a second volume. Three songs specially recorded for the album complete the nineteen songs.
This is a brilliant collection with plenty of hard-rocking country, but with some wonderful slower songs too.
on 18 November 2012
This is a great CD by a great couple of guys. I love Brooks & Dunn, and this CD covers tracks I wanted and tracks I had`nt got, so I wasn`t disappointed. It was everything I expected, and the service from Amazon was good, as usual.
The first time I heard Brooks & Dunn was when I was on holiday in America back in 2001. I was listening to the local radio country and western channel and they got a lot of air time.

So whilst out shopping at one of the malls I bought three of their albums. This was the third one I came across.

The group have great voices, they do great harmonies and there are some terrific songs on this album. :-)

I love listening to the entire CD . You might wonder if I have any favourites, the answer is “Yes, the entire CD”

I love all their albums and they do such a great job, not just with their singing, but with their composing and their arrangements of the songs.

It’s a must for any “Brooks & Dunn” fan and I can highly recommend it. :-)
on 30 June 2013
Must say I prefer volume 2 which I picked up at a charity shop. Though it is a bit of a 'grower'.
on 19 September 2014
great
on 25 December 2015
Just a couple of good ole boys.
on 2 October 2014