Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£13.09+ £1.26 shipping

on 20 November 2002
I've seen the Chieftains live, once. I got straight back home, and listened to this album, because it really does seem to encapsulate the whole experience of a Chieftains live performance. It really is like this album plays it.
There's the medleys, the guest spots, the Irish dancing, the whole lot. It's well worth a listen to if you're ever planning to go to a Chieftains performance, and it's probably well worth getting if you want to recapture the atmosphere of a performance if you've been to one before. About the only thing that could be better, aside from the real thing, of course, would be a DVD of it, watched on a big screen, with surround sound.
I love this album, it's one of my favourites. I swear, I've nearly worn the shiny off the CD by listening to it.
on 28 February 2012
Bought this cd as a present for my husband for his birthday alongside other things. By all accounts he was enjoying the sound as i thought he was about to jump out of his chair whilst wearing his headphones to start dancing, a sign of an authentic sounding cd i feel.!
on 1 September 2004
Although I have never been lucky enough to see The Chieftains "live", this album must be the next best thing. It is another incredible masterpiece from one of the best bands ever to come out of Ireland + their talented guests. I own many of their albums, but this one must rate as my favourite. I was intrigued to find out how Roger Daltry could front a group of musicians like The Chieftains with such diverse backgrounds in music. I was not disappointed.
on 21 November 2012
Love the music these laid back, talented Irish men play. It's a take it or leave it attitude from the group. They love what they do and have stood the test of time
on 31 December 2011
Top class music a good mixture and atop class product, exelant service, brings the Irish right into the room, a great CD to add to your library,David
on 23 October 2013
Loved absolutely everything about this - the price, the music and songs were just brilliant. Recommended to all without a problem!
on 2 March 2013
I collect the music of the chieftains and would not part with a single item. I seem to have known them forever.
on 31 October 2014
I like the Chieftains but as a live performance I was disappointed ,particularly by the guests.
on 12 September 2014
The chieftains at their best as usual.
on 11 December 2014
But I'd prefer it without Roger....