4.0 out of 5 stars Great album from the masters of grunge, 20 Dec 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Louder Than Love (Audio CD)
I got this CD yesterday as an early christmas present and Im already hooked. Even though Cornells voice may not be as strong as on later records it still has an unmistakable presence in this album and Thayils guitar sounds as fantastic as it ever did. The whole thing is not immediate as Superunknown but it really grows on you. My favourite tracks are Gun (I like the way it speeds up and then gets heavy!) and Big Dumb Sex. The only thing I can fault with it is that the wonderful Ben Shepherd is not on this to add his music and influence but it still sounds good with Yamamoto on bass. Soundgarden were (and to me they still are) the best grunge band going and Ill still be playing this years from now, along with the three later albums. Louder Than Love definately shows signs of legends in the making and I would recommend it to any grunge fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars The real sound of Seattle, 29 April 2004
whispering gravy (Los Angeles,CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Louder Than Love (Audio CD)
I've had this album since it first came out, first on the old 33 platterand then cd. And I can honestly say that you can play any track off thiscd and it still does the business. There are very few albums that donthave fillers or lame tracks and this is definately one of the finest in mycollection. If you want to hear what sort of music Nirvana should havebeen making instead of selling out then i would suggest this brilliantepic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic early Soundgarden album showing quite a different sound from Cornell!!, 20 Jun 2013
This review is from: Louder Than Love (Audio CD)
This is a great early album from Sound garden which shows quite a different sound from the band, Cornells voice sounds quite raw, although it is still a great album!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Louder Than Love (Audio CD)
My daughter's boyfriend still thinks I a great for buying this for him. He hasn't stopped listening and saying how great it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for 'Gun' alone, 20 Dec 2010
This review is from: Louder Than Love (Audio CD)
The song 'Gun' is a bit overlooked much? I think it's my favourite SG song! It's the more badass JCP in my opinion... 'cos let's face it, JCP is a bit of a posers song anyway. And my next favourite on the album would be 'Big Dumb Sex'; blast that one loud and proud, and show others why it is you listen to "grunge" in the first place.

4.0 out of 5 stars This was what was happening just before grunge became grunge, 23 May 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Louder Than Love (Audio CD)
When we were all moshed out and our air guitars were out of tune from bad thrash metal and stadium rock, along came Soundgarden with Loud Love and Hands all over. We swopped our tight leathers for baggy skate clothes, we cut our hair and we became grunge. This record is definitely underrated and shows a little of what was to come with Nirvana, Pearl Jam etc. Give it some volume and pretend there was nothing else like it. Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars HOWLERS, 14 Oct 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Louder Than Love (Audio CD)
LOUDER THAN A GANG OF JUVENILE DELINQUENTS PERSIL WHITE SHELL TROUSERS. BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM.

Louder Than Love
Louder Than Love by Soundgarden (Audio CD - 1997)