5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing, Beautiful Music, 26 Oct. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: 20 Golden Greats (Special Collection) (Audio CD)
I've been trying to think what to write about this album for the past five minutes but I just don't know how to put it. All I can say is that this is some of the most beautiful music you could ever hope to own. Of all the oldies like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, Nat King Cole has the most amazing voice and way of singing.
There are about ten standout, unforgettable songs (pun intended), including "For All We Know", "Smile", "When I Fall In Love", "The Very Thought Of You", and "Unforgettable".
Then of the remaining ten, seven or eight tracks are great. There are a few other faster songs that just didn't appeal to me like "Straighten Up And Fly Right" and "Ramblin' Rose".
This is a must-have album. I can forgive the few less enjoyable tracks because the rest are absolutely great.
Buy this album, put it on, sit back and enjoy...

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable, 23 Sept. 2010
n3_biker (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20 Golden Greats (Special Collection) (Audio CD)
It says something about this collection that it's been in the catalogue continuously for nearly 25 years, despite the plethora of "Greatest Hits" etc issued since then. For me it's a winner because it contains two of Nat's biggest hits, which normally - because they're not typical of his style - don't turn up in compilations. These are Ramblin' Rose [his biggest chart success - no. 2 in the US, no. 5 UK], and the extremely hard-to-find Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer [no. 6 US]. The more familiar ballads Nature Boy, Let There Be Love, Mona Lisa and Unforgettable are all here. Some examples of his early, jazzier style, are also included. For me, Nat's crooning style verges on the bland, but there's no denying that the voice is seductive and the arrangements very stylish. Highly recommended for anyone just wanting to dip their toe into the great man's huge recorded output.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nat King Cole 20 Golden Greats, 19 July 2010
This review is from: 20 Golden Greats (Special Collection) (Audio CD)
I have been searching for a Nat King Cole CD, which contained the song "Dance Ballerina Dance", on this CD I found it along with a further excellent Nat King Cole songs, a must for any Nat King Cole fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars sensational, 30 Nov. 2011
This review is from: 20 Golden Greats (Special Collection) (Audio CD)
Loved this nat king cole album. I was curious being a michael buble fan to what inspired him to sing such classics. My answer was in this beautiful album and was quite truely unforgetable.
The words, the music, the songs are just enchanting and the velvet tone of Nat King Cole is itself a joy to listen too. Michael buble inspired me to listen to lots of different artists i never gave a thought too over many years. Im so glad he encouraged me to embrace this music of which i am building a collection of now. Nat king and sinatra are a league of their own as michael buble is today.

5.0 out of 5 stars nat king cole, 6 April 2011
This review is from: 20 Golden Greats (Special Collection) (Audio CD)
I gave this as a present to someone who has very fond memories of this music! He told me
it made him very happy to listen to Nat King Cole again.

5.0 out of 5 stars 20 Golden Greats, 3 Aug. 2013
This review is from: 20 Golden Greats (Special Collection) (Audio CD)
A collection of wonderful music from this great guy who is sadly missed. That mellow voice will never be equalled

5.0 out of 5 stars A lover of good solid understandable music, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: 20 Golden Greats (Special Collection) (Audio CD)
I have been a Nat King Cole fan for more years than I will admit too. This man has given me much pleasure over the year with
his type of music. I will continue to buy his cds for I hope many more years. This cd contained all the memories that go back
a long long way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply THE BEST!, 12 Aug. 2013
This review is from: 20 Golden Greats (Special Collection) (Audio CD)
My Mom had a couple of Nat's LP's and back when I was just a little kid (5 or 6) I fell in love with Nat's voice and delivery. Frankly, I never understood what all the fuss was about over Frank Sinatra, I much preferred Nat's music. I'm 57 this year and have managed to build up a large collection of the man's work. He's one of the few artists I never tire of hearing. Such a shame that his career was cut short by cancer. Think of the great songs that were written after he passed that he would have given an incredible interpretation of. This CD and the 'sister' LOVE SONGS collection is a great way to collect all of his hits - and then some. Buy it, try it, I know you'll find his artistry is simply unforgettable.

5.0 out of 5 stars For lovers and lovers of swing, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: 20 Golden Greats (Special Collection) (Audio CD)
Some of his greatest songs here. His voice is still very moving. Those lucky enough to find the 'one' will really feel the emotions of some of these great works of song writing and delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent Cole, 22 Nov. 2013
Cavernguy (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20 Golden Greats (Special Collection) (Audio CD)
A superb collection of the songs of a true singer. Over the years I have turned to this genre of music. I adore Sinatra, who is my all time fave...the way he delivers a lyric is second to none. However, Nat had a voice that still reigns supreme...what a talent he was. It is difficult to pick out the best song on this collection, as there are so many lovely songs here. Received the CD, ripped it and synced to my MP3 player , and have listened to nothing else since. top marks to this CD.

20 Golden Greats (Special Collection)
20 Golden Greats (Special Collection) by Nat King Cole (Audio CD - 1987)