5.0 out of 5 stars Happy memories
I first watched Bugsy Malone at the age of five and was immediately captivated not only by the splurge guns (show me a five-year-old boy who wouldn't be!) but by the music.
Published on 3 Sep 2003 by BenW

3.0 out of 5 stars Great movie. Great soundtrack.
When I was about ten years old I must of seen the movie about twenty-odd times. I was afraid that, like a lot of movies I liked as a kid, it wouldn't stand the test of time. I was wrong. The songs on this soundtrack are just as good now as they were back then. If anything, I appreciate them MORE because I didn't realise then that ONE guy wrote all the songs. He even did...
Published on 3 April 2012 by Mark Prince

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy memories, 3 Sep 2003
This review is from: Bugsy Malone (Audio CD)
I recently watched the movie again on TV and drove my wife mad for the next few weeks singing songs like 'Tomorrow' 'Bad guys' and - slightly embarrassingly for a 27-year-old man - 'My name is Talula'.
The music on this CD is infectious, timeless and, above all, heart-warming. The sight of a room full of kids singing "You give a little love and it all comes back to you", while covered from head to foot in gunk has to be one of my favourite scenes in movie history. Buy this CD and you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet, 16 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Bugsy Malone (Audio CD)
Well there is not much to say about Bugsy Malone apart from the small detail of his suave impressive little characteristics that make a small time gangster into a hero. Well it's all that can be said about this album its small characteristics that turn it into a masterpiece. Songs such as "Tomorrow" and of course the all-famous song by Jodie Foster. This soundtrack is an all time classic and would be a shame to miss. As a song goes "you give a little love and it all comes back to you". well this is the same you buy this and you won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the film, 29 Jun 2009
This review is from: Bugsy Malone (Audio CD)
I got the download of the 'Bugsy Malone' soundtrack for my son who was performing in a staged version at school and driving us crazy singing the songs around the house.

I never did like the film, and one of the main reasons for this was that it looks weird that the child actors have been overdubbed with adult voices for the songs. Without the visual distraction of the obvious mismatch between actors and the singers the soundtrack is much more enjoyable than the film.

The songs themselves are all very catchy, so much so I'm now driving myself crazy singing them around the house. At less than 4 for the download of 10 tracks this is good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars bugsy, 14 Jan 2014
jj (south ayrshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bugsy Malone (Audio CD)
The vendor left a really nice note in this recording for my grandson he was performing at school at the time , we loved it and listen to it over and over you made a wee lad very happy Thanks :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: Bugsy Malone (Audio CD)
Bought for my daughters for a present. They love it! Great addition to the DVD, with all the catchy songs from the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to look back, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bugsy Malone (Audio CD)
Looking back to when the film came out which was very different and with great music, I enjoyed listening to it all again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bugsy is Buggy, 6 Feb 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Bugsy Malone (Audio CD)
The Soundtrack is good quality fo rwhat it contains, but bought it thinking it would be complete with all the music from the original movie, but was disappointed that it was just the lyrical songs and not the full score.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 and 4) love these songs, 12 Aug 2014
E. Nelson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bugsy Malone (Audio CD)
My three sons (aged 5 and a half, 4 and 4) love these songs, having watched the film just once. The eldest has quickly learnt the words, and surprisingly, 'My Name is Tallulah' is up there as a fave. Mum and Dad love it too (our era), so this is a great CD to have in the house and buzzing round your head. It's all the wit and fun of the film without the ambiguous violence (machine gunning splurge guns confused me even as a kid). If this CD broke, we'd buy another immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you loved the movie - you'll love the tunes., 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Bugsy Malone (MP3 Download)
It was great to hear these classic tunes performed again. I just love the bouncy tunes - great to sing along with in the car!

4.0 out of 5 stars Childhood memories, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Bugsy Malone (MP3 Download)
Ah the childhood memories come flooding back - not to mention a cracking collection of lyrics, really good and never getting old!

Bugsy Malone
Bugsy Malone by Scott Baio (Audio CD - 1996)