5.0 out of 5 stars It Will Definitely Get You Dancing

3.0 out of 5 stars Dirty Dancing - original film track
Published on 5 July 2010 by Jen

3.0 out of 5 stars Dirty Dancing - original film track, 5 July 2010
This review is from: Dirty Dancing (Audio CD)
That is what I was disappointed with. I thought it was going to be the FULL soundtrack, but it turned out to be only a selection of 12 tracks out of at least 25. It does say 'a selection' on the sleeve, but in such small print I could not read it. I feel it should say this in the description, as I know now of a number of people who have been caught out like I was. I do like the selection of tracks on it, however, and am especially pleased it includes 'She's Like the Wind', written and performed by Patrick Swayze.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Will Definitely Get You Dancing, 16 Nov 1999
By A Customer
If you saw the movie, then you cannot afford to wait another day to buy this album. The Dirty Dancing sound track encompasses all the fury, the excitement and the emotion that made the movie a number one hit. It contains toe-tapping tunes such as "Be My Baby " and "Yes". But even more impressive there are the numerous slow, deep songs that bring all the emotions of the movie rushing back to you, such as "Hungry Eyes", "She's Like The Wind", and of course, "I've Had The Time Of My Life" . This album is a wonderful addition to any collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like the film, you will love the soundtrack, 17 Oct 2000
This review is from: Dirty Dancing (Audio CD)
Dirty Dancing, the movie, is a classic. Not a lot of people want to admit that, especially boys because Dirty Dancing is bascially a Chick Flick. Not that there's anything wrong with boys liking it of course. The soundtrack is great because as you listen to it, you find yourself watching the movie in your head, remembering quotes from it and I think if there is some kind of brain usage when you listen to an album, it makes it even better. I don't really want to say more about it, as those lovers of Dirty Dancing will understand exactly what I mean. Listen and thoroughly enjoy. And don't carry too many watermelons!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Fab, 20 Nov 2001
This review is from: Dirty Dancing (Audio CD)
This is the perfect soundtrack , containing all songs featured in the movies. 'Shes like the wind' is unbelieveable. You wouldn't think it was Patrick Swayze. The main theme 'Time Of My Life ' is the perfectly classic sound to the classic movie . Dirty Dancing Rocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dirty Dancing - Soundtrack, 16 Nov 2003
This review is from: Dirty Dancing (Audio CD)
I have always been a big fan of the movie as I believe it to be the most romantic feel good film ever made and it is partly due to the great soundtrack. 'She's like the wind' is my fav song on the album followed closely by 'The time of my life' and 'Be my baby'. I hope you all love it as much as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time of my life...., 25 July 2003
I adored the sountrack to the movie, and, being a bit of a retro-holic, went and bought this sountrack. It has every song, and i mean EVERY song, even if it is played in the movie for a few seconds, it is on this album!. 2 CD's packed with some great music. The case itself is a nod to the retro, instead of being a normal CD case, being one very much like the LP cases. The middle has a small book filled with stills from the movie. A truley good buy for anyone who loved the movie, or 60's mousic.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous soundtrack that I never tire of hearing, 8 Sep 2000
By A Customer
From my all time favourite film this is the soundtrack to die for, and one I never tire of listening to. In fact this is my favourite CD of my collection. For anybody who generally loves the music from this era and for anybody who loves the film itself this is a must have!
With a varied mixture of tracks to sing along too this is a fabulous CD to suit everybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hungry for Swayze!!!!!!!!, 1 Jan 2003
Ron (Colombo, Sri Lanka) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dirty Dancing (Audio CD)
I watched the movie over and over again, and just couldn't get enough of the last few minutes of the movie. Its definitely proven to be the best summer romance soundtrack, which is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!! Its worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 11 May 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Dirty Dancing / O.S.T. (Audio CD)
This CD is brilliant and is a must have companion for anyone who loves the film. As the film is my all time favourite, and I could not get enough of the final scene, I had to buy this CD. It features tne great sound I've Had The Time of My Life, which was reason alone to buy the CD as this is my favourite song. She's Like the Wind is brilliant, I still can not believe that Patrick Swayeze sings it, its beautiful. The CD is fantastic and you can actually visulaise the fil whilst you are watching it, BUY IT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a brilliant soundtrack!, 21 Jan 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Dirty Dancing / O.S.T. (Audio CD)
Even though you don't get as many tracks on this cd than the limited addition one, its still a great soundtrack. After watching the film, you feel like you need something extra to settle you down slightly, listening to the cd does that. I love the film and the sound track is just as good. I promise you that you'll not regret buying it!

Dirty Dancing
Dirty Dancing by Eric Carmen (Audio CD - 2005)