Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 August 2000
This is my cd of choice to smooch , dance and fall asleep to. There's upbeat tunes (recipe for love)which make you sing along, these are fun and light hearted but still sexy! There's also moody blues (only cause I don't have you) which match a melancholic moody day perfectly. By no means least there is always the sad crooning (drifting) which simply has the ability to make you cry. This album prooves that Harry is so much more than the Frank wanna be that so many dismiss him as. His music with that big band is awesome, as is his voice, fantastically showcased with the Heavenly harmonies. BUY IT!
on 13 December 2005
As with many, this was the first Connick album I stumbled across, while sifting through my parents collection. Recently having acquired a taste for Jazz I picked it up and began to play. Not bad. Many years on, the album has proven it's longevity and is still a worthy addition to anyones' collection. Truly Connick is more than a mere Sinatra "rip-off". He has developed his own style of both traditional and modern jazz blues combos (Star Turtle and She), and succeeds spectacularly, particularly in the latter.
We Are In Love, for me is a solid album, but there is one song which holds it all together ever so perfectly and that is the Late Night swing track "Forever, For Now". If anything, the album is worth that track alone, in my opinion. Of course there are several other great tracks splashed regularly throughout and there's something for everyone if you are looking for a traditional jazz outing. Check the other titles forementioned if you fancy something different, but Connick Jr certainly knows how to please and delight in all genres.
on 20 July 2005
Excellent introduction to the big band and smooth voice of Harry Connick Jr. This was my first ever album of his and I've followed him ever since. This is a must buy for lovers of Jazz, Swing and Big Band music. Enjoy.
This 1990 release is the fourth studio release from Harry Connick Jr, American jazz vocalist, pianist and big band leader. Recorded in the wake of his success with the Harry Met Sally soundtrack which included quite a few big band standards from the great American songbook, here he has continued with the big band swing sound but applied it a set of largely self written original material.

Many people rave about this album as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately, while it is competent and well crafted, I always think it lacks that little bit of vital spark that would lift it to greatness. The songs are well written, nicely arranged and Connick is a good singer who obviously owes a lot to Sinatra. The resultant big band sound is pleasant enough, but the whole thing (as is often the way with major record label jazz releases of the era) feels way too over produced and slick. I just don't get the feeling of connection with the band or singer, or a sense of the passion behind the song. I know that some people like this approach, but I'll stick with Sinatra.

All in all, pleasant enough and an OK album, but lacking the oomph factor that would make it something special. 3 stars.
on 18 December 2004
Since this has been my favourite CD for ten years now thought I'd mention it. It starts with a real big band thump. I hope you have some decent bass extension (you will never hear such clarity from the older big band backed crooners) and marches off on a beautiful meander through the senses. My favourite track is the Nightingale which sang in Berkeley Square. It is just superb, I always have to stop dead when I hear it. Both it and the whole album is just so clean. This is definitely not a live album, it is almost clinical; but it is the sound of silence that makes it such an extraordinary musical experience. Good God is it really 14 years old.
on 13 April 2011
I like this - it's vaguely Sinatra-ish without being sycophantic. Nice melodies, good voice and quite engaging - very smooth.
on 21 April 2010
This is the third time I have bought this album as my family keep borrowing it and not returning it. Harrys best album.
on 11 November 2014
Arrived quickly and played perfectly. A great album and fantastic voice
on 28 January 2016
wonderful album from the new Sinatra
on 12 June 2008
The other reviewers have said it all, it's a fantastic album in every respect, and at this price it is a absolute steal !!!!!!