Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£15.75+ £1.26 shipping

on 30 September 2003
I've only recently come back to this cd, having never really listened to it often before. It was overshadowed by Daydream Nation and Dirty, and now i feel ashamed to have neglected this album for so long!
There's not a bad song on it, and all the songs have a similar feel which makes the album fit together nicely as a whole, standout tracks include Self Obsessed And Sexxee, which has an infectious melody and Kim's singing fits perfectly here.
I'm also endeared to the first track Winner's Blues, with guitars chiming reminiscent of Daydream Nation songs.
It's all good though, so don't make the mistake of overlooking this album as i did, as with persistent listens it reveals itself to be just as good as, if not better, than any of the other S.Y. albums you'd care to mention.
on 16 July 2009
Like the other reviewers, I gave this album a second go after ignoring it for ages and found myself wondering what my problem was in the first place. I actually went as far as getting rid of it when I had a CD clearout, then I realized I'd made a mistake when I heard it at someone elses house (this has happened to me twice). I ordered it again and it was the right thing to do. Every song is great, the album is cohesive from start to finish. On most Sonic Youth albums - I tend to prefer the songs sung by Thurston Moore over the Kim Gorden songs. On this album though, I really love "Bull in the heather" and "Skink" ,which are both sung by Gorden, along with all the Thurston songs. What was wrong with my ears when I first bought this!?!
on 26 September 2001
Two years after releasing Dirty, their greatest commercial success up to date, Sonic Youth came up with this exceptional album and showed us all that they have absolutely no intension of selling out. The general tone of Experimental Jet Set may be more mature and less noisy than some of their previous releases, but it is still a unique, uncompromising album which doesn't seem to have a single song out of place. The lyrics are brilliant, too, dealing mainly with problems of American society and white-trash culture. It is definitely one of Sonic Youth's best albums and, because it has less guitar noise and a clearer structure, it is also very accessible. This CD is a must-have if you are a Sonic Youth fan and a great way of getting to know their music if you're not. Buy it!
on 5 January 2005
After ten years of owning this CD I have at last given it a fair listening to, and all I can say is that this is one fine record, all the songs seem connected in feeling, and the lyrics are eccentric and at places funny. Sonic youth 10 years ahead of their time?. well i think so anyways.