5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Bach - buy this
Published on 7 Jan. 2007 by M. W. Toynbee

Kozena's singing is very, very good - she's accurate, articulate and agile - and while the standard of the orchestral playing is also very fine, Stryncl's interpretation is rather affected (as with so many "authentic instrument" ensembles). But I would still buy it again.
Published on 10 July 2012 by rh

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Bach - buy this, 7 Jan. 2007
M. W. Toynbee "Bach lover" (St.Albans) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magdalena Kozená - Bach Arias (Audio CD)
I came across Magdalena Kozena via a BBC Music magazine 'taster' of her singing a cantata in St.David's Cathedral with John Elliot Gardiner. I decided to explore further, and encouraged by the previous review here, I bought this CD. I have probably listened more to this CD than any other in my collection over the last year or so. Sublime and simple, her voice seems so perfect for Bach, and the emotion shines through, sometimes moving me to tears. Really - buy this CD!

3.0 out of 5 stars Affectation in ensemble playing detracts from a fine performance., 10 July 2012
This review is from: Magdalena Kozená - Bach Arias (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning - It will raise your spirits and make you cry., 9 Feb. 2001
David Hendry (Weybridge) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magdalena Kozená - Bach Arias (Audio CD)
This is singularly the best classical album of last year. Do yourself a favour and buy this and any other recordings by Magdalena Kozena, her ability to take one's breath away never fades. Take a bottle of wine,dim the lights and enjoy. This CD will not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need, not desire, 23 Dec. 2011
Deep Reader - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Magdalena Kozená - Bach Arias (Audio CD)
If you love music you need this. I can't be alone (or am I?) in seeing Miles as a direct descendent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not her best cd, 19 Nov. 2009
P-Papp (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magdalena Kozená - Bach Arias (Audio CD)
My impression is surely very much subjective, but although I am a great admirer of Bach and Kozena, I found this combination of talents somehow disappointing. It is
a less intense experience as some of her other cds, mainly the vivaldi and the Händel compilation, which are my favorites. The selection of songs is less diverse as on the other compilations. Also the recording quality is not as outstandig, as it is on the other cds. It sounds somehow flat and more distant, which of course you would not realise if you only use it on an mp3-player.

Magdalena Kozená - Bach Arias
Magdalena Kozená - Bach Arias by Magdalena Kozená (Audio CD - 2000)