5.0 out of 5 stars The number of sales says it all !
45 million + sales is a force to be reckoned with! Thiller is an album that just makes you rock. Recorded in 1981/82, Michael Jackson (24yrs) worked with producer Quincy Jones to create this outstanding album. With tracks such as: 'Wanna be startin' Somethin', 'Thriller', 'Beat it' and the magical ~'Billie Jean'~ it is no wonder that it was an instant success and is...
Published on 26 July 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars boring interviews.....
i bought this but didnt notice the included interviews....i just wanted to listen to the thriller álbum as i remembered it and i find it has loads of extremely ( to me) boring interviews and not a great deal of music.....just turned it off without listening to the full cd and i will not be listening to it again.

a total waste of money if you just want to...
Published 16 months ago by sue grech

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars classic 80s album capturing Jackson at his best, 19 Nov. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Thriller (Audio CD)
The album opens with a lenghty "wanna be Startin' somethin'" which combines funk, disco and an ethnic sounding chant at the end. This is followed by the largely album-track sounding "Baby be mine" and jackson's duet with former Beatle Paul McCartney. Thriller is next with the stunning rap by Vincent Price. Beat it and Billie Jean are probably two of the best tunes of the 1980s and perhaps even all time. Next is "Human Nature" which was borrowed by SWV for their hit "Right here" in 1993. PYT is perhaps the weakest single off the album but the CD rounds up nicely with the passionate "Lady in my life"

5.0 out of 5 stars Record Breaker ; All Time !!!, 11 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Thriller (Audio CD)
There was once an Indian actor (Amjad Khan) who conveyed such a masterful performance in his debut film that every time one of his films came out, he would be compared to that film (Sholay).In his last interview before his death, he told the journalist that sometimes he wished that he never starred in that particular film.The parallel is similar with Micheal Jackson. 'Thriller' set a Mount Everest high benchmark for the albums that followed and he was unfairly compared to an album whose style was completely different. 'Thriller' was a great album with five blockbuster hits in Beat It, Billie Jean, Wanna be Starting Something, Girl is Mine and Thriller.

Its record breaking sales figures will never ever be broken in an age of MP3, YouTube and the like however that doesn't make it his best album.I preferred Bad but then that's a personal taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Put Simply - One of the best albums - with a little extra, 23 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Thriller (Audio CD)
Wow - if you liked Thriller - then you will love the album. But its the extras that make this special. The origianl demo of Billie Jean allows you to hear MJ writing a song + the 2nd verse of the rap to Thriller is on the album. It's a bit like having a DVD - these special features make the album even more enjoyable to listen to - and with this album - that is an impressive feat.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Undeniably: Amazing man, amazing music, 27 Mar. 2014
Deborah-K (Essex (yes, and proud.)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thriller (Audio CD)
I had always liked Michael Jackson when I was a kid in the 90s, occasionally playing HIStory in the living room or watching a live performance on TV. I played a Michael Jackson song on my Talkgirl as I played in the garden. But I didn't really get into him until I was 16, and going through some unusual and tough times. I don't remember how it started - maybe I had seen "Bad" on TV - but I went through a Michael Jackson phase at 16, playing HIStory, watching his music videos, watching documentaries. I never believed a bad word about Michael, and vocally supported him. I sent texts to radio stations asking them to please play anything by Michael Jackson, although I really had a preference for the 80s. I think his music, and possibly also Michael himself and his unusual, difficult life, comforted me. There is something very soothing about Michael Jackson, his music calms you, inspires you... and then there is Michael himself. Mysterious, strange, misunderstood... naive, innocent, kind, good.

I considered buying his CDs when I was 16, but never did. My Michael Jackson phase ended by 17, although I didn't stop being a fan, admiring and supporting him. Now, I have finally bought Thriller and Bad together. While I prefer Bad's sound personally (very 80s, very fun), Thriller is an amazing album. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, Human Nature, P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing) and Baby Be Mine are brilliant songs. The Lady In My Life, Someone in the Dark and Carousel are also enjoyable. I find this album particularly soothing and the perfect MJ album when feeling happy, but calm. Songs like Human Nature are also quite therapeutic.

You don't get the new versions of songs like Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 with Akon, or P.Y.T 2008 with Will.i.am. Those are on Thriller 25, but in my opinion, not worth the extra pounds. I'm also not into music like Akon's Will.i.am's, Kanye West's or Fergie's, so I'm not missing much there. This CD is more than good enough. (But don't take it from me, listen for yourself on Spotify.)

You probably already have an idea whether you'd like this album or not. MJ's songs are legendary. But if you're a new fan, and thinking of giving the full album a try, do it! This is music as it should be. The world lost something great in MJ. But his albums will be selling for another 30 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is Thriller Night!, 19 July 2009
This review is from: Thriller (Audio CD)
Thriller, what a masterpiece, its such a great album.
these are the ratings i give the songs and why:-

1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 10/10 - a good 80s fast moving up beat song, gets you singing along.

2. Baby Be Mine 8/10 - this song in my opinion is the worse song on the album, it has a nice beat, but the lyrics aren't great.

3. The Girl Is Mine 10/10 - this is a great duet with Paul McCartney, it is a great song bout a girl Michael and Paul like, and they are fighting over her.

4. Thriller 10/10 - this is a great dance filler song, has a great beat and is fast moving and gets you dancing in no time!

5. Beat It 10/10 - a very good rock song, this is in my opinion the best song on the album, it has a great guitar solo by Eddie van Halen.

6. Billie Jean 10/10 - has such a great R&B style beat, and it gets you dancing and singing along.

7. Human Nature 10/10 - a great nice song, not quite a ballad but its getting close to being one, it just has nice lyrics and a nice gentle chorus.

8. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) 9/10 - a nice fast moving 80s song, isn't a bad song but not the best on the album though.

9. The Lady In My Life 10/10 - a really nice ballad, again its like the 1979 song "She's Out Of My Life" but has more beats.

overall i rate this album 10/10 for the best selling album in the world since 1982 and its got great songs, its a shame though that it doesn't have a lot of tracks on the album.

2.0 out of 5 stars boring interviews....., 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Thriller (Audio CD)

a total waste of money if you just want to listen to m.j.singing,look for an álbum that is music only.what is the reason for putting a load of blurb on a classic álbum?

ridiculous !!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars first class timeless music, 19 Jan. 2010
J. Mulholland (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thriller (Audio CD)
how can anyone not like michael jackson?have this album on vinyl,thought it was time to upgrade,even my grandchildren love it,billie jean is the business,superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hats Off To Michael - A Timeless Masterpiece,, 20 April 2008
This review is from: Thriller (Audio CD)
There's a reason why Thriller is the biggest selling album of all time, and there's a reason we're all still hooked on it 25 years later. It's the combination of a truly incredible artist, with a collection of truly incredible songs that seem to appeal to everyone, the stuff on this CD is mind blowing. It's genre is very mixed with elements of Funk, Rock & Pop, highlights for me include 'Wanna Be Startin' Somthin' a great upbeat and super catchy opener to the album, excuse the slighly stupid lyrics 'you're a vegetable', the funky & smooth 'Baby Be Mine', obviously the very Halloween 'Thriller' (who could ever forget), the rock track 'Beat It' very good, 'P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)' & 'The Lady In My Life', another two of my solid favourites again because of their funk influence. Overall all the materiel on this album is rock solid, much appreciate the bonus materiel because it is after all a reissue, i guess it gives something back to the album, but with or without it as a 9 track record breaking success, I'm sure we'll be listening to it for a long time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply excellent!!!!, 20 Feb. 2004
Steven Tillsley "rtillsley" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thriller (Audio CD)
Whether it MJ's best album or not is debateable since people all have different opinions and i myself find it hard decide which is my favourite....
However it can not be denied that THRILLER is simply an excellent and superb album that is sort of a mixture of the disco feeling from OFF THE WALL and the pop from BAD!
All of the songs are great and the album is put together so well, it opens with WANNA BE STARTIN SOMETHIN which is worth listening to for the introduction alone and is sort of a poppy number while BILLIE JEAN(which is regarded as one of the best pop songs of all time)is not all out pop as we see it now as it so smooth and soulfull and has a great beat and rythm to it, its great.
BABY BE MINE(again a great intro to it) and P.Y.T are the disco offerings and are in my opinion as good as or better than the disco tracks from the OFF THE WALL album.
HUMAN NATURE is just an amazing track that is just so smooth and beautiful, the lyrics are great and the music(especially the subtle and delicate guitar strokes) complement it beautifully.
And of course BEAT IT just ROCKS!!!!!
The bonus tracks on the special edition are good too, the early demo of BILLIE JEAN sounds so cool!!
Basically THRILLER is a superb album that has now sold over 50 million copies and had 7 of its 9 tracks come out as singles so theres got to be somwthing pretty great about it!!
I THINK I'LL GO AND PLAY IT NOW!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Thriller, 9 May 2010
Doyle (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thriller (Audio CD)
I purchased 'Thriller' for my son who is a Jackson nut. I myself was never that much into the music and the hype/myth whatever behind this complex and troubled character didn't help either. I was always more of a Dylan/Neil Young guy, but I was immediatley impressed by the tremendous power and range to the voice, as well as the quality of the musicianship and Quincey Jones production. Best moment for me was EVH's killer solo on beat it. My 2 year old daughter always shouts for 'the door' (the sound of the coffin opening at the beginning of thriller) so yeah, you could say something for all the family!! Pleasantly surprised, although I don't intend to make a habit of buying MJ albums, amazon!!
Check it out if you like funk, danceable grooves, killer guitar (although economically used) and high register vocals.

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

Thriller
Thriller by Michael Jackson (Audio CD - 2009)