5.0 out of 5 stars whenever I have a crap week, I sit down on a Friday
What's there to say I've been to several concerts have a number of his CD'S he is sublime, whenever I have a crap week, I sit down on a Friday, a large single malt and I drift off, not being a piano player perhaps some technical person will give me a technical review. The only thing I can say Is I did notice there were subtle differences In this Cd than the previous 3.
Published 6 months ago by PGOONER

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not his best
Published on 28 Sept. 2003 by Timothy Ruffer

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not his best, 28 Sept. 2003
This review is from: Einaudi: Stanze (Audio CD)
Thinking along the lines that the harp is a nice instrument and much of Einaudi's work is very beautiful, I have to say that I was a little disappointed with this album. Every time I listen to it, I can't help but feel bored; it's a nice sound, and some of the ideas are achieved quite well, but overall, I'd say you're better off buying his later work ('Le Onde' being a good representation of what he is capable of). This album just doesn't have the substance to sustain interest, and I suppose that this must have something to do with it being his early work.
So in conclusion of this short review, get 'Le Onde' or 'I Giorni', they are much better pieces of music, that better showcase what Einaudi is best at - writing beautiful, emotional music

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 28 Jan. 2009
Comical Engineer "comicaleng" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Einaudi: Stanze (Audio CD)
I would agree with one of the other reviewers that this is not Einaudi's best work. In theory, this should be a rich and fabulous album and indeed it is in parts. The harp can sound beautiful and is an oft neglected instrument. Some tracks on this album clearly demonstrate this but in other parts it is rather flat and boring almost as if it has run out of ideas.

I can't fault the quality of the musicianship nor the sound quality of the album. It is, however, best played on a decent stereo when it is quiet in the background and not in the car!

Unfortunately, about half of this album left me cold and uninspired. As stated elsewhere, Le Onde is far better.

5.0 out of 5 stars whenever I have a crap week, I sit down on a Friday, 3 Oct. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 25 Jan. 2014
Ag Man (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Einaudi: Stanze (Audio CD)
Blissfully beautiful music which is totally relaxing. The harp is an 'underheard' instrument, and Chailly plays wonderfully well. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather Disappointed, 30 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Stanze (Audio CD)
I adore Ludvico Einaudi and have all his cd's,however, I am rather disappointed with this one.To begin with he isn't actually playing his own music , and secondly I actually have a cd similar to this but it is music for pets, it's supposd to relax stressed out dogs!!.The sounds of this cd are soothing and in all honesty,it's the type of music you would play if you are having trouble sleeping this would probably send you to sleep..
It's a shame it also doesn't seem to last that long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Einaudi, 14 Feb. 2003
This review is from: Einaudi: Stanze (Audio CD)
This is the first of Einaudi's albums on general release, that I could find and, even though I had purchased his later albums prior to this, his music drew me to buy Stanze. Unlike his other albums, Einaudi is not performing his music, the music is played on the harp by Cecilia Chailly, who performs the magnificent works superbly.
At times, I do find the recording a touch problematic, but this never diminishes Chailly's playing or, indeed the music itself.
A Must!

3.0 out of 5 stars I just don't like the electric harp nearly as much as his piano ..., 21 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Stanze (MP3 Download)
Music is one of the most subjective topics in the world, so don't read this "review". I just don't like the electric harp nearly as much as his piano work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice 'n' gentle, 20 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Einaudi: Stanze (Audio CD)
Lovely music, just right for winding down after a day at work, can be a little repetitive at times but this is in no way a bad thing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 5 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Einaudi: Stanze (Audio CD)
Very disappointed. Beautifully played and some tracks are very nice. But overall a backward step for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Stanze (Audio CD)
Beautiful played. I love the harp. So good after a hard day at work.

Einaudi: Stanze
Einaudi: Stanze by Ludovico Einaudi (Audio CD - 1997)