5.0 out of 5 stars A really great album!
Beggar on a beach of Gold is, in my opinion, Mike and the Mechanics' greatest achievement. It's thought provoking, powerful and moving and the last four songs especially are really beautiful. If you're a M+TM fan or even if you're just curious about M+TM and want to hear some of their music this CD is well worth owning.
Published on 3 Jan 2010 by Greg Boyd

3.0 out of 5 stars Mike and the boys!
I need to play the CD for a longer period to be able to give an accurate rating. I have only recently discovered Mike and the Mechanics.
Published 2 months ago by Mrs. M. Curtis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great album!, 3 Jan 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!...., 3 May 2006
Michael Bermingham "mjbermingham" (Birr,County Offaly,Ireland.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beggar On A Beach Of Gold (Audio CD)
This is an excellent album in every sense.Beautiful instrumentation combined with the vocal talents of Paul Carrack and the late Paul Young make this a real knockout.Mike Rutherford more than does his share with his songwriting ability and guitar playing.

Favourite tracks for me are the well known 'Over My Shoulder' and the beautiful 'Someone Always Hates Someone'.That said there isn't a weak track on the album, special mention though of the rocking 'Web Of Lies'.Altogether a superb album...if you like Mike&Mechanics at all..buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mike & The Mechanics at Their Best!, 7 July 2009
N. French (East Sussex) - See all my reviews
I had this on cassette single back in the mid nineties. I played it so much that it wore out! To my amazement, I found the CD single on Amazon recently, which I subsequently purchased. There are three tracks on this single, all of which are as strong as each other and all could have been singles in their own right. I wouldn't say I was necessarily a fan of M&TM, it is just that these songs are timeless and sound as fresh now, as they did back in 1995. This is Mike & The Mechanics at their creative peak.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a listen - and possibly their best, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Beggar On A Beach Of Gold (Audio CD)
And I disagree with the "cover" review - about cover versions. I prefer their "I believe" to Mr G's so there!
Recommended. You will play this more than once - which I for one cant say from the majority of my record collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 21 Sep 2011
This review is from: Beggar On A Beach Of Gold (Audio CD)
If you like Mike and the Mechanics / Paul Carrack you will not be disappointed. Fabulous music for all occasions. Played regularly and thoroughly enjoyed.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 8 Jan 2013
because when I originally bought it, it was my favourite cd to play in my car but somehow mislaid it, this purchase was to replace the original and transfer to my laptop

4.0 out of 5 stars one of the best, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Beggar On A Beach Of Gold (Audio CD)
love paul carrack and the late paul young(no not that paul young)great music cd to sing along to .some really fantastic tracks to listen to on this cd.well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Album, 29 May 2014
DEBORAH (SUTTON COLDFIELD, WEST MIDLANDS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beggar On A Beach Of Gold (Audio CD)
Fab album , and a fab voice ...could listen to it for hours and i probably will lol
love him

3.0 out of 5 stars Mike and the boys!, 30 April 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Beggar On A Beach Of Gold (Audio CD)
Great album good condition though doesn't feel like the original item, but very happy for the price and would recommend this item

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Beggar On A Beach Of Gold
Beggar On A Beach Of Gold by Mike & The Mechanics (Audio CD - 1995)