5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back....
Published on 4 Nov 2010 by Caroline

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed.
Having watched the film many times I thought it would be nice to have a the C.D. of the music. The sound level did not make for pleasant listening. Some times it was so quiet it was inaudible. But I think everyone would agree that the last track is the best, beautiful!
Published 6 months ago by poppy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back...., 4 Nov 2010
Caroline (Roxburghshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Local Hero (Audio CD)
I used to have a cassette of this years ago and was really pleased to find the CD. I had enjoyed the film both for the fantastic sound track and because we had visited the areas in which it was made during lovely summer holidays. The guitar work is still uplifting, and I listen to it in the car driving through the countryside to work! Lots of different pace and moods, I always arrive smiling when I play this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Haunting Melody, 29 Mar 2010
This review is from: Local Hero (Audio CD)
Having watched the film on several occasions the music still remains as big a part of the film as the dialogue. This a true soundtrack and when played you can see the northern lights,hear the sea and feel the wind. Mark knopfler at his best.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best soundtracks ever., 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Local Hero (Audio CD)
Mark Knopfler has written some gorgeous music during his career both as a solo artist or with Dire straits but this soundtrack to a wonderful film is up their with his best works.Mainly acoustic and instrumental (Gerry Rafferty guest vocalist on one track)the haunting main theme that returns often during the album is revealed in different moods and sounds (acoustic guitar accordian violin etc)but is equally rewarding to the listener and to give it that extra gloss the wonderful Mike Brecker puts the icing on the cake with his superb sax solo on triumphant finale Going Home.I cannot praise this album enough.One of the best soundtracks ever written.Thank you m.k.

4.0 out of 5 stars happy memories, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: Local Hero (Audio CD)
This music evokes memories of happy days when the film fist came out. The film is on my list as one of my all time favourites. Love listening to this, some tracks cheery and some poignant. Great work by Mark Knopfler

5.0 out of 5 stars First class film music, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Local Hero (Audio CD)
This is the very best of Mark Knopfler's film music scores; it fits the film perfectly, with its Celtic overtones but the CD also plays equally as well as a music Album; great main theme.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed., 4 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Listening From A Master Guitarist, 15 April 2014
Mr. D. Wyatt - See all my reviews
This review is from: Local Hero (Audio CD)
This is a superb performance from one of Britain's best guitarists. He has, of course, since the recording of this soundtrack album, gone from strength to strength as an international star and as a fellow Geordie (and very ordinary guitar player myself) I'm delighted to see his well deserved success.
Although all the tracks are very good, my particular favourites are the guitar solo "Wild Theme" and of course the brilliant "Coming Home" .the final piece. This is played very loud at Newcastle United home games and never fails to stir the emotions!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Album I Forgot, 14 Sep 2013
Years ago I had dozens of tapes in my car from my vinyl albums. Those were the days of driving along country roads with the stereo on full listening to Jeremy Clarkson music. Those were the days, and now the kids are grown up, those are the days again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mark Knopfler, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Local Hero (Audio CD)
Excellent album and very good value for money. Any fan of Knopfler will enjoy the wonderful sounds only he can make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Local Hero CD, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Local Hero (Audio CD)
Brilliant! I just loved this film, saw it ages ago but then never got the music, so it's been fantastic to listen to all the music again (as well as watch the film a few more times). Really quick delivery as usual. Thanks again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Local Hero
Local Hero by Mark Knopfler (Audio CD - 1997)