5.0 out of 5 stars The pure brillinance of Fred's voice - it shines thru.
Fourteen years ago I was a teenager hunting any new Queen release (in the search of guitars & rock!) which, for now very obvious reasons, were not happening. Then this CD/Album came along! Queen are renowned for their very different themes and styles throughout the years. To my mind Queen II, Innuendo and "Barcelona" prove the very best of Freddie...
Published on 10 Feb 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars DVD
AUDIO LOSES ITS IMPACT WITHOUT VISUALS,A DVD OF BARCELONA WOULD BE PERFECT,I MUST SEE IF ONE HAS BEEN OR WILL BE PRODUCED?.
I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED..
Published 1 month ago by Mr. D. Platt

5.0 out of 5 stars never lend things. never, never, never, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: Barcelona (Audio CD)
I seem to be having a series of "bother, can't find it" moments. Either I've got a hidden box of stuff lurking in a cupboard somewhere or I really have broken my rule of not borrowing or lending.

Most upset not to be able to find Barcelona so have replaced via the Amazon market - very fair price swiftly despatched, well packed and in excellent condition.

I understand that there is a re-mastering of Barcelona with full orchestra backing added being planned 2013/14. I may go wild, but to be honest I listen to it for the sheer exuberance and vitality of Montserrat and Mercury.
Some things in this life transcend the everyday humdrum. They need not be good or even great. They must be spectacular, remarkable, incredible and, ultimately, unique. Barcelona is one of this pinnacles. Critically flawed I am sure - but i am left breathless for minutes after hearing it every time. If you get the chance, treat yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Barcelona..original version, 5 Nov 2012
This review is from: Barcelona (Audio CD)
As always a fantastic album from FReddie MErcury....original version using keyboards is my preference over the remake after is death.....more singing and less classical music.

2.0 out of 5 stars DVD, 18 Jun 2014
I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED..

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable voices, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: Barcelona (Audio CD)
Wonderful CD everyone should have it, listen ing to these two singing just takes one away from this sad world we live I. Today, Music is a joy to be listened to especially this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Barcelona, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Barcelona (Audio CD)
The cd arrived by the date we were told we would receive it. The cd was brilliant, the music and as always Freddy Mercury was the best. EXCELLENT. This is one for all Freddy Mercury fans, truly wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful combination!, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Barcelona (Audio CD)
I didn't realise what a delight this cd was, only knew the main track from years back. Then I saw the tv programme on Freddie, and wanted to hear more. What a joy to listen to the wonderful combination of these two voices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Barcelona (Audio CD)
It came when they said it would, it cost what they said it would and its every bit as good as I expected it to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Freddy, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Barcelona (Audio CD)
I purchased Barcelona after seeing a documentary on Freddy Mercury. I had not heard of this cd and Freddy wrote and sang this opera music with Montserrat Caballe just before he died. A wonderful cd although very short, maybe because he was so ill, and very Queen in sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, but then I am a fan!!, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Barcelona (Audio CD)
I lent my other copy out and it never returned...bought this copy and its proved popular with all my family. NOT going to let this one out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Barcelona, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: Barcelona (Audio CD)
Love to hear Freddie Mercury sing....and this CD is fantastic....the voices together are magic....would recomend any fan of Queen to buy it

Barcelona
Barcelona by Freddie Mercury (Audio CD - 1992)