5.0 out of 5 stars No 2nd album difficulties for this band
Rainbirds made a splash in late-80s Germany with their strange and beautiful debut album "Rainbirds". The success of that record gave them increased confidence to be creative when they recorded this, their 2nd album.

Published on 14 May 2008 by not_a_real_folkie

2.0 out of 5 stars dont buy it !
trust me, you can make a better music on your pc or with a cooking spoon and a pot :-)
Published 19 months ago by guzi

5.0 out of 5 stars No 2nd album difficulties for this band, 14 May 2008
not_a_real_folkie "not_a_real_folkie" (Farnham, Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Call Me Easy Say I'm Strong Love Me My Way It Ain't Wrong (Audio CD)

The band kick into the 1st track "Love Was Already..." with great energy, Katharina Franck's voice has never sounded so gorgeous as she leaps through high notes and delivers more of the poetic lines that made Rainbirds such a great proposition. Elsewhere the Berlin cabaret style influences "Love is a better word" and "Better than Before". The central title song, some 9 minutes long, is a novel meditation on loneliness and solitude, set to more superb melodic pop. "Some people, they say...take it easy, take it easy...but I know...waking up ain't easy, no, when you're lonely!" sings Katharina, as she moves from quiet murmur to beautifully clear declamation in the space of one line.

The album concludes with "Jesus First", a song about the perils of being in love with a born-again Christian, and the strangely effective white female rap song "Responsible" on the CD version of the album.

This was the final true "band" album by Rainbirds, as Katharina Franck went on to play radical games with the line-up and sound on subsequent records. A wonderful album and not just for Germans!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!!!, 27 Feb 2013
Had this on tape, when I was in Germany and am so pleased to have found it on CD.
A fantastic album.
Many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rainbirds, 17 Oct 2012
SJ Hogan "Stevie Hogan" (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I have always been a fan of the rainbirds but getting hold of this album was nigh on impossible unless I bought from Germany (the group was German). I hope I can match this rating eventually when amazon get around to putting the album as an MP3 download.

CD was in excellent conditionn and I can now here songs long since not heard (white city of love) since my cassette version of this gave up the ghost.

2.0 out of 5 stars dont buy it !, 12 Feb 2013